Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Love it or leave it: art books

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:17 AM
  • 9 Replies

giving heartOR devil

Do you love art books for your kids or do you wish you would have left them at the store?

What kind of art books are your favorite?

by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Moma3boyz
by on May. 2, 2012 at 7:27 AM
My kids like the how to draw.....books. They have one for animals and one that is cartoon characters. They also have a comic book thing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on May. 2, 2012 at 10:40 AM

It depends on the art book!

lucsch
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:33 AM

That's a good one you show, there.

It's funny. I loved art as a child. I buy art  books. I'm planning art appreciation for next year. However, it is the first thing to go by the wayside. I actually enrolled my dd in a homeschool semester class because I kept dumping it as a subject at home! LOL!

oredeb
by on May. 2, 2012 at 11:39 AM

love em! anything that teaches art! about the artist or just about mediums, or technique

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 2, 2012 at 12:08 PM

My kids have a few but just for fun.

OneToughMami
by on May. 2, 2012 at 1:21 PM
I don't use those kind I have books on periods, styles, and artists
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 2, 2012 at 11:56 PM
I wish I'd have left our art curric on the (virtual) shelf. But we do like the "how to draw..." books and also use books with pictures of paintings in our picture study.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeremmy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:51 AM

Im on the fence. Weve done some art books in prek that just showed pictures of paintings and he was not interested at all (dont blame him). I was thinking of doing the art with a purpose artpac 1 book this year. I really dont know. I want him exposed to art, but hes truly not interested right now. Not sure if im going to make him do some now, and than let him decide when hes older...

ixamxmine
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:24 PM

I get books on art made during the period we are studying in history. I was a Painting and Drawing major. History is reflected in all of the fine arts (music, theatre, film, dance, painting, drawings, scuplture, etc.) its an amazing way for children to learn if you know a bit about it. I'd really say to educate yourself then use what you learn to show your children. People who think art is foolish are generally people who don't understand it. But perhaps I'm a bit biased :D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN