Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

CHORE charts?!

Posted by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you have chore charts?

Options:

YES, they have been awesome for my kids

No, never worked for us.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 20

View Results

DO you have them for your kids?! 

Do you use stars, checks, laminate them ETC ETC.

My oldest 2 are really getting into chores and I would like to help them see what they get done and perhaps give them some sort of allowance or something to that effect.

by on May. 2, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on May. 2, 2012 at 3:39 PM
We have used them. I print them off the compter and they checked them or put a sticker on them as they finished. They help them remember without me nagging but we get lazy with them and stop using them for a while, then try again...lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
irvinehiker
by Andrea on May. 2, 2012 at 3:54 PM
1 mom liked this
I have never used chore charts and never will. I feel they are a degrading way of setting our kids up for failure. We are a family and we work together to make our household run well. Everybody does their part and is happy to. My kids never grumble about having to help.
usmom3
by BJ on May. 2, 2012 at 4:22 PM

We tried them with our oldest, he has Autism & we thought it would help him remember his chores & if he did them or not. But all it ended up doing is causing fights & arguments over chores not getting done or the chart not getting used.

oredeb
by on May. 2, 2012 at 5:16 PM

never worked for us!

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 2, 2012 at 11:51 PM
I try but I can't keep up with them. Lol! My daughter LOVES them though. We got a free app for the iPad recently and she has been doing well with it, but the darn thing messes up her points and ticks me off.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeremmy
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:01 AM

I didnt vote, because I would have said other. We havent used them yet, but are going to start to. I think having a set list will help our son to complain less because its just what needs to be done rather than what im telling him to do.

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I might try them so the kids have a list of things they do everyday so I wouldn't have to tell them to do it.

MrsHubler
by on May. 3, 2012 at 11:50 AM

Quoting Boobah:

I try but I can't keep up with them. Lol! My daughter LOVES them though. We got a free app for the iPad recently and she has been doing well with it, but the darn thing messes up her points and ticks me off.

What is the app called?

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 12:12 PM
1 mom liked this

8) It doesn't have to be degrading or setting anyone up in failure. It doesn't have to be a punishment or not working together. Some kids like getting the marks and some kids like the organization a list provides. It all depends on the child's temperament and household situation. 8)

Quoting irvinehiker:

I have never used chore charts and never will. I feel they are a degrading way of setting our kids up for failure. We are a family and we work together to make our household run well. Everybody does their part and is happy to. My kids never grumble about having to help.

irvinehiker
by Andrea on May. 3, 2012 at 12:18 PM

I agree all families have different dynamics.  Some kids do need the visual chart for reinforcement. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN