Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Brag post, feel free to join in. :)

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM
  • 21 Replies
What is something that your child has accomplished recently that you (and they) are proud of?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 3, 2012 at 12:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 3, 2012 at 12:04 AM
2 moms liked this
My 6 year old has been trying to learn to swim for, what seems like forever. She does little spurts, but isn't getting it. Last night, she taught herself how to go under water. She has always been terrified of this. Well, today, she went under at the YMCA, and then I told her how well she was floating while doing it, and showed her how to swim under water. She was able to swim halfway across the pool (width wise, not length) under water! She was so proud, and so am I!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 3, 2012 at 12:07 AM
1 mom liked this
My younger daughter just turned 3 on Monday. she has been dry during the day for a long time, but would sporadically pee the bed at night. On her birthday, we told her that we were so excited for her because, now that she is 3, she can stay dry at night and start wearing panties to bed if she stays dry for a week because 3 year olds don't pee the bed. She has been dry for 3 nights!! She even woke up the night before last at 5, went potty, and went back to bed.
I cannot tell you how happy I will be if this works. Lol! The baby will be here in a few weeks and it will be awesome to only have one in diapers. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Moma3boyz
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:48 AM
2 moms liked this
I have a 12yr old son who has decided he likes to do laundry. I just drop off laundry and pick up the clean clothes. He even sorts. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 3, 2012 at 7:49 AM
Omgosh can I borrow him?!?!?!?!?
Do you have another kid who folds, because I detest folding. Lol!!

Quoting Moma3boyz:

I have a 12yr old son who has decided he likes to do laundry. I just drop off laundry and pick up the clean clothes. He even sorts. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EmilyMarshall
by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:51 AM
bump

Moma3boyz
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:16 AM
I wish they folded. I hate that part too.

Quoting Boobah:

Omgosh can I borrow him?!?!?!?!?

Do you have another kid who folds, because I detest folding. Lol!!

Quoting Moma3boyz:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by on May. 3, 2012 at 2:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Keeping our home very organized and clean for almost 2 weeks  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't unsanitary by any means.  Just very cluttered and messy all the time.

I suffered from untreated adhd for years, until now.  I finally started treatment for it, and it is like a light switch flipped on.  THe chronic disorganization I have had my ENTIRE LIFE suddenly seems to have disappeared.  I can set myself to a task, and finish it.  I have the motivation and energy for it now.  And you think "If you have adhd, why no energy."  

I asked that too...but the doc said the "lack of energy" was mostly just no motivation.  I didn't want to, therefore my brain didn't see it as a task worth energy.

I"m really proud of myself, and proud of our very clean home.  It's not perfect, and still some clutter (the bad part of apartments...too little space) but it's organized and presentable these days ! 

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 3, 2012 at 3:18 PM
That is such an awesome thing! I bet you feel so relieved! My nephew has ADHD and gets too frustrated to really do anything - basically because he gets distracted before finishing it - and instead doesn't do much of anything, so I understand where you are coming from. He has energy, but switches from task to task and leaves tons of little messes, then gets overwhelmed.

Quoting katzmeow726:

Keeping our home very organized and clean for almost 2 weeks  Don't get me wrong, it wasn't unsanitary by any means.  Just very cluttered and messy all the time.

I suffered from untreated adhd for years, until now.  I finally started treatment for it, and it is like a light switch flipped on.  THe chronic disorganization I have had my ENTIRE LIFE suddenly seems to have disappeared.  I can set myself to a task, and finish it.  I have the motivation and energy for it now.  And you think "If you have adhd, why no energy."  

I asked that too...but the doc said the "lack of energy" was mostly just no motivation.  I didn't want to, therefore my brain didn't see it as a task worth energy.

I"m really proud of myself, and proud of our very clean home.  It's not perfect, and still some clutter (the bad part of apartments...too little space) but it's organized and presentable these days ! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
katzmeow726
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:21 PM
1 mom liked this

pretty much!  This is also the first time laundry hasn't piled up.  I mean it was scary how much I let it back up for a while.  Its just a whole new feeling for me..

Quoting Boobah:

That is such an awesome thing! I bet you feel so relieved! My nephew has ADHD and gets too frustrated to really do anything - basically because he gets distracted before finishing it - and instead doesn't do much of anything, so I understand where you are coming from. He has energy, but switches from task to task and leaves tons of little messes, then gets overwhelmed.

Quoting katzmeow726:

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
Browncoat4eva
by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:25 PM

My 13 yr old has always wanted to be a chef as long as he remembers. He's always liked to cook and last year I signed him up for a great online cooking school program they use it in a lot of high schools.

I'm amazed at what he can do in the kitchen now. He makes whole dinners... and I don't mean just grilled cheese or flipping burgers or mashed potatoes; he's made things like saffron shrimp risotto, poached eggs over radicchio salad, he even makes his own fresh stock and pasta sauce.

This is him this past Thanksgiving.

He made a cake and decorated it like a Thanksgiving table. He made fondant and modeling chocolate from scratch, it was the first time he'd ever used them. I've never even used fondant or modeling chocolate.

The school was a bit pricy, but it ended up being worth it because I'm starting to feel like I've got my own personal chef.

Peace, and all that jazz...

~Mackenzie 

a Browncoat4eva 

...I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch me soar...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN