Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Meet CafeMom's Featured Mom: KickButtMama

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM
  • 8 Replies
4 moms liked this

CafeMom is excited to announce a way we're featuring many of our terrific moms. Selected moms will respond to our "Mom of the Day" interview questions, and their interviews will then be posted in the group that they spend the most time in.

Our current featured mom, KickButtMama, spends most of her time in the Homeschooling Moms group, as well as a few others.

1. What has been your defining moment as a mom so far?

Hmm, this is a difficult question! I'm not sure if there is a single moment during which angels sung "Mom!" But I'd say the definition of the type of mom I am is....I am a home educating, strong willed, loud mouthed, advocate for special needs in the real world, handicapped mom - who is raising the kids that will rule the world someday.

2. What group do you most frequently hang out in on CafeMom?

I'd say there is a definite tie between Happy Homeschoolers, Homeschooling Moms, Autism: Support Across The Spectrum

3. What do you like most about CafeMom?

I love that there is a place where moms can connect with others like themselves. I know I always have been considered extremely unique, there have never been that many women I could bond with that were at all similar to myself. Then I discovered CM (many years ago) and found tons of like-minded ladies! For all that we moms lose a lot of independence and it can be easy to lose one's sense of self (especially w/ special needs or homeschooling - or BOTH!) I like that we can all take a few minutes a day to remember we are individuals. We like to have a shoulder to cry on and we like to BE the shoulder on occasion.

4. A mom's spare time is precious (if it exists at all!). How do you spend yours? (Aside from on CafeMom, of course.)

Aside from CM I'm a total Bibliophile. I read about 2 books per day. I can't seem to stop...much to my DH's chagrin. I also like coaching women in being the best they can be socio-economically (through savings, extreme couponing, etc), homeschooling, weight loss/personal training, building self-esteem, etc.

5. What are your favorites:
Book: I don't have just one!! My favorite author would be either Nora Roberts or JR Ward
Movie: What Dreams May Come
Song: This too changes w/ my mood, right now I love 'We are young' by FUN.
Food: Pepperoni Bread or Broccoli Chowder....yummm...
Place to travel to: Vermont

6. Which celebrity mom would you most like to hang out with, and why?

Teresa Giudice - she cracks me up! (One of my guilty pleasures - Real Housewives)

7. If you could give a new mom one piece of advice, what would it be?

Relax. We all stress so much that every breath we take will scar our kids for life. We spend so much time planning and double checking that we lose sight of the NOW. Time flies, especially when the kids are little. Take some time to just stare at the baby and ENJOY! No matter how tired or overwhelmed you might feel, someday you'll miss it!

8. If you had to choose, what single word best sums you up?

Strong

9. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? And if you work, what's your job?

I wanted to be a mom - seriously! I'm like a weird combination of Punk Rocker and June Cleaver. I wanted to be the old fashioned wife taking care of the family, while teaching the kids how to do martial arts and breaking boards w/ their heads!

10. If you could trade places with any one person for a day, who would it be?

No one!

Now here's her advice for YOU:

Hmmm, I think I'd give a piece of advice rather than a question. That advice would be - don't feel the need to compete with other mom's. Be encouraging and recognize every single child, like every single mom, is unique with different strengths and weaknesses - but we are all beautiful!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 3:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 3, 2012 at 3:04 PM
Very awesome! Thanks for sharing with us kbm!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on May. 3, 2012 at 5:45 PM

great interview kickbutt!!

Pukalani79
by Kristin on May. 3, 2012 at 5:54 PM

Thanks for sharing!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 3, 2012 at 8:05 PM
Wow, that went up fast! Lol. Thanks ladies!
Alyson121
by Member on May. 3, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Awesome!!! I love it.  Thanks for sharing your experience with us.  I love the last piece of advice.  You're right, "we are all beautiful!"  

kirbymom
by Sonja on May. 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM

That is some really great advice!  :)    Some good kickbutt advice.  :)   lol   

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 2:13 AM

you rock

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 4, 2012 at 8:41 AM
Aww, shucks, THANKS!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN