Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to get your library to work for you!

Posted by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM
  • 11 Replies
1 mom liked this

I never really gave the electronic check out much thought but my college art professor in all his brilliance discovered thru the local librarian that every book is kept track of. They know how frequently each book is checked out and how much circulation certain subjects get. He gave us assignments to check out 2 library books or magazines every two weeks from the Art section of our local library. This increased the traffic to the subject we went from one art magazine to having 4. We've gotten heaps of new books and our professors have also been asked for suggestions of new material. I thought this was simply brilliant and probably soemthing not alot of people think of. However, it's worth pointing out that homeschoolers generally are frequent visitors of the library. You could definately make an impact!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on May. 3, 2012 at 10:22 PM

Thanks for the tip.

MrsHubler
by on May. 3, 2012 at 10:44 PM

I used to work in a library and knew about this; so I have been telling homeschoolers in our area this for a couple years now.

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 3, 2012 at 10:52 PM

Ha! Never thought of it!

twyliatepeka
by Bronze Member on May. 4, 2012 at 1:14 AM

great idea! i am always asking about books & things when we go.

oredeb
by debbie on May. 4, 2012 at 10:59 AM

good idea!!  so if i start checking out homeschool books more they will be buying more of them???

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM
I am persona non grata at just about every library. I think i feature on their Americas Most Unwanted lists...lol...
bether89
by Bronze Member on May. 5, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Thanks for the great advice.

OneToughMami
by on May. 5, 2012 at 7:22 PM
I wish it worked like that everywhere :-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovemyQ
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:51 PM

Now we are all curious! lol Probably just overdue fines or are you more wild than that?

Quoting KickButtMama:

I am persona non grata at just about every library. I think i feature on their Americas Most Unwanted lists...lol...

LovemyQ
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 7:52 PM

i;m going to let my homeschool group know. Thanks!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)