Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

How to get your library to work for you!

Posted by   + Show Post

I never really gave the electronic check out much thought but my college art professor in all his brilliance discovered thru the local librarian that every book is kept track of. They know how frequently each book is checked out and how much circulation certain subjects get. He gave us assignments to check out 2 library books or magazines every two weeks from the Art section of our local library. This increased the traffic to the subject we went from one art magazine to having 4. We've gotten heaps of new books and our professors have also been asked for suggestions of new material. I thought this was simply brilliant and probably soemthing not alot of people think of. However, it's worth pointing out that homeschoolers generally are frequent visitors of the library. You could definately make an impact!

by on May. 3, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Replies (11-11):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 5, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Quoting LovemyQ:

It's the trolls...they steal library stuff from me whenever we bring them home...so it becomes impossible to travel to where ever trolls hide things, in order to return them. AND libraries charge insane fees. Lol...ummm....yeah....i'll stick with blaming trolls....
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)