Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is your morning routine?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:36 AM
  • 13 Replies

Do the kids have to be dressed before you start school? Do they have chores first?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 6, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this
My morning routine can be summed up on one word.... C. O. F. F. E. E. i'm NOT a morning person. I generally wake at about 7 am in order to take my medications. But i'm not capable of doing anything but hook up my cafine iv, watching the Today Show and surfing CM & FB all from the comfort of my bed. At about 10 we call time on tv's (i really can't stand KLG...lol) and everyone finds something else to do. I generally use the laptop or ipad and continue research (ahem, CM) after an hour or two of that we generally do a group project, watch a documentary ect.
GraceHudson
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:10 AM
yeah

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:37 AM

We try to have the house picked up.

Quoting GraceHudson:

yeah

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM

My morning routine is:

6:30am - Drive dh & dd to the subway

7am - Go to the gym for an hour

8:30am - Morning cleaning:  put on laundry, make beds, put away dishes, wipe down bathroom, do 1 larger chore (change sheets, mop, dust, clean out fridge, etc), finish laundry.  

10am - Make breakfast, have coffee, go on computer.

11am to 12:30pm - Schoolwork with ds:  Spelling, Grammar, Math , Reading, & either History or Science.

Once or twice a week we do a field trip or class and don't do schoolwork on that day.

Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on May. 6, 2012 at 1:23 PM
The kids get themselves up and get their breakfast. I make a big breaky about once a week. (^m lazy!) I get food and coffee...if I'm up firt I watch news, if kids are up cartoons..lol

The TV is turned off at 9am and school starts. We do our grammar/spelling and science together for about an hour. Then the kids do individual subjects and I do a chore, jump online, or whatever.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:01 PM

I ask that she's dressed, fed, and ready to go by 9am so that we can get the schoolwork rolling.  Her only morning chores are unloading the dishwasher and making sure the dog is fed. Housework and other errands come after school is finished. If we don't get a jump on things in the morning, then the rest of my day is shot.

SusanTheWriter ~ Wife, Mom, Author

sdgd21
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:10 PM
1 mom liked this

5 am wake up (brush teeth ect) say a little prayer

5:15 let dogs out , feed cat, clean kitty litter, let ferrets out (yeah we are crazy)

5:45 pray and bible study time

6:15 do a load of laundry

6:30 walk

7:15 cook breakfast make green smoothie prep diner

7: 45 get dressed wake up kids and husband

8: 15 Eat 15 min clean of kitchen

8:45 school with kiddos

our school days change per day due to our activites.

Diana 

~ Servant to the most high, ~Wife to Mr. Wonderful ~mother of four amazing boys ~Daughter of two of the most awesome to people ~ Sister to my BFF ~ Friend of my hero ~Wonderful is my life!

"One of the secrets of success is to refuse to let temporary setbacks defeat us."~ Mary Kay
www.sorealmag.com

ablessedlife
by Member on May. 6, 2012 at 2:50 PM
7:20 get up and dress
7:30 boys get up and dress
7:45 boys get apples to munch while starting on math
8:15 breakfast
Then chores: clean table, feed cat, tidy their own rooms, 6yo starts laundry.
8:45 or 9:00 school starts

I started the apple thing because I heard that they are better than coffee to wake you up in the morning. Seems to be working.
irvinehiker
by Andrea on May. 6, 2012 at 4:16 PM

The first year I homeschooled I had my kids get up w/an alarm, get dressed, make beds....etc, and be sitting at the dining table by 7:30am ready for school.    After awhile of fighting with my autistic son who struggles with transitions and tasks I realized the time I spent fighting with my son to get dressed could be spent reading a book or another productive learning activity.  So now there are many days we are learning in our pj's. 

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I NEED to be on something like this. I do better getting up early, before the kids.

Quoting sdgd21:

5 am wake up (brush teeth ect) say a little prayer

5:15 let dogs out , feed cat, clean kitty litter, let ferrets out (yeah we are crazy)

5:45 pray and bible study time

6:15 do a load of laundry

6:30 walk

7:15 cook breakfast make green smoothie prep diner

7: 45 get dressed wake up kids and husband

8: 15 Eat 15 min clean of kitchen

8:45 school with kiddos

our school days change per day due to our activites.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)