Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If you could go back to one teacher, and tell them one thing, who and what would it be?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM
  • 11 Replies

good or bad, inspiring or not, is there one teacher that you would want to go back to, as an adult, and talk to, thank, or tell off? 8)

by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
T.A.R.D.I.S
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:32 AM

I have many teachers to thank, but one teacher to tell off. My 5th grade teacher. she couldn't care less about the students progression in education. I worked hard and studied hard. But she still gave me a C. And after that, i didn't even want to try because i felt my hard work was a failure.

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Isn't that so sad?

Quoting T.A.R.D.I.S:

I have many teachers to thank, but one teacher to tell off. My 5th grade teacher. she couldn't care less about the students progression in education. I worked hard and studied hard. But she still gave me a C. And after that, i didn't even want to try because i felt my hard work was a failure.

T.A.R.D.I.S
by on May. 6, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep because it affected the rest of my education until I transfered to an alternative school during highschool. There I did great but I had many supportive teachers there and I got to work at my own pace. I NEVER made anything below a C after I transfered. I'm THANKFULL for that school and the principal and the teachers. They are what made my graduation happen. I got 5 credits in 2 months period. It made me the person I am today. (I know it sounds cheesy) but when you have the right support for learning and the motivation to learn because the teachers give you motivation, it changes your whole perspective.

RealWorldSchool
by on May. 6, 2012 at 6:35 PM

I have a couple great teachers I would visit:  5th grade - Mr. Adler...who was cool, had dances for us, taught us how to shake someone's hand; Mr. Durham - 6th grade ( in podunkville ) who taught us French, made crepes and enlisted me to play a gag on the class; and principal Mr Heftje - who loved every kid who walked in his door - the 'good' kids and the 'bad' kids knew he cared! 

jlevins
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Camillia Springfield- She was my 9th and 10th grade chorus teacher. At times she was a total bitch, but I really would love to thank her because  on September 11th, 2001 when all hell broke loose in the world the princlpe came on the intercom and instructed the teachers mid-way through the day to turn off the tv's. He said that even though so many bad things were happening that we need to push through and be strong and go about our day. Mrs. Springfields class was my last period of the day and when I walked into class she told us that we were not having class that day and that she didn't give a damn (her exact words!) what the princlipe said! She explained to us that what was going on in our country right now was monumentous and that we needed to see what was happening because it was going to change our history. We spent the rest of the day watching the news and talking. She answered our questions, she cried with us. She made what was happing real for us. I will never for the rest of my life forget that day, or that woman. And guess what Mr. Principle man... she was right!

kirbymom
by Sonja on May. 6, 2012 at 8:13 PM

Do I have to pick just one?  I have 3 I would like to thank.  They were so good to me when I came from a private school that didn't educate at all, to a small exclusive public school, that I had interviewed the principal and some of the teachers before deciding to go there.  These teachers took me in hand and gave me so much moral support. They gave up their early mornings and late after school days just to help me get caught up.  This school is probably the only public school that I would say had any good about them.  

SuprMom12042702
by on May. 6, 2012 at 8:59 PM

My 8th grade math teacher who was too busy living up her last year teaching. It was an algebra class and I just didn't understand it and when I asked her for help, she would tell me to go ask a classmate that understood it. Strange thing, when we had a student teacher in that class I passed with an A, but when she was teaching I was failing. Shows the quality of teachers right there. And I actually failed thatwhole class which screwed up my academics.

Pukalani79
by Kristin on May. 6, 2012 at 11:19 PM

My 5th grade teacher, Curtis Curtain.  He was beyond awesome. We did so many "hands-on" projects that year. I can't wait to do some of them with my own kids.  He was very "out of the box."  He knew I wanted to write, so he hooked me up with his wife who was a reporter.  She had me doing book reviews at 11 years old for the paper to teach me about writing.  Not only did I get the experience, I got some great books and got to meet some local authors as well. 

luvinhs
by on May. 7, 2012 at 8:42 AM

thanks to Facebook, and to running into one teacher in a grocery store, I've had the chance to say thank you to some teachers that encouraged and inspired me.  I"m glad for that opportunity.  I had two teachers that I thought were really horrible~one was an Algebra teacher whose favorite phrase was "You don't have to understand it, just do it".  And the other was a PE teacher who mistook my dislike of her class for laziness, and who once flat out accused me of lying to her.  Her name was Tracy Wadley, and she really had no business working with kids at all.  But, I DID learn from her.  I learned that being an adult, or being a teacher doesn't make someone right.  I learned that I don't have to live up to other people's opinions of me, and I learned a lot about how NOT to treat people.

lucsch
by on May. 7, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I would thank my 3rd grade teacher, for caring enough to suggest art lessons for me to my parents.

I would thank my high school English teachers. Even though I went to college for engineering later, my high school English teachers were the toughest. Some people say everything you need to know you learn in Kindergarten. Nope, everything I needed to know about learning, I learned in high school English.

I learned persistance through playing piano and flute.

I had some great teachers in public school. I don't deny that. I had an awful public schooling experience because of the setting--being thrown in with so many other kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN