Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Just an odd homeschooling question...

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM
  • 20 Replies

Since I will start homeschooling in the fall, I'm curious if I will still be able to order books from Scholastic for my son. I know they work through the schools, so I wasn't sure how they worked with those who teach at home. Does anyone know?

by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Yes, you can order them yourself.

Maybe talk to the librarian or whoever runs the program at the school to see if they'd let your still order if you want to help support the school with the rewards that Scholastic gives. 8)

thatgirl70
by on May. 6, 2012 at 12:51 PM

Thank you. I order and pay online using the school code (I was sending the checks to the school, but sometime last fall they lost a whole batch of checks in the mail for one order, so I decided enough of that). But I will take your advice and ask about that when I'm ready to tell them I won't be enrolling him in the fall.

Quoting mem82:

Yes, you can order them yourself.

Maybe talk to the librarian or whoever runs the program at the school to see if they'd let your still order if you want to help support the school with the rewards that Scholastic gives. 8)

melissaoliver79
by on May. 6, 2012 at 1:08 PM

They also have warehouse sales. Mine in my town is this week... woohooo

wright1212
by on May. 6, 2012 at 11:49 PM

My homeschool COOP we go to does them! But if your just wanting good books for your child the library really is a great resource to teach him about. Also I have 100's of books from yardsales. I refuse to pay over $1 unless its a classic favorite, mostly I get 2 or 3 for $1.

thatgirl70
by on May. 7, 2012 at 1:53 AM

No, I just like to buy books for him from them, for him to read (or have read to him), nothing for homeschool purposes. :) 

Quoting wright1212:

My homeschool COOP we go to does them! But if your just wanting good books for your child the library really is a great resource to teach him about. Also I have 100's of books from yardsales. I refuse to pay over $1 unless its a classic favorite, mostly I get 2 or 3 for $1.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 7, 2012 at 8:06 AM
We are allowed to go to the scholastic book fairs at the public and private school. I haven't ordered any so far.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on May. 7, 2012 at 11:36 AM

Yes you can still buy from them!

Channell07
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:58 PM
1 mom liked this

Just call them and they will set you up with your own account! I did it last week!

Channell07
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 9:59 PM

And you earn the points as if you were a teacher in a school

JulieBrown
by Member on May. 8, 2012 at 10:06 PM

Scholastic Warehouse Sale 

You can go to the Scholastic Warehouse sales as a homeschool teacher.  :-)  Many coops or homeschool groups have scholastic order forms. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)