Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What did you do this weekend?

Posted by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM
  • 4 Replies
Can you believe it's the first weekend in may already?!? What did you do this weekend?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 6, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Saturday I went shopping with my mom for baby shower stuff for my niece. Then Saturday night we had to go to a wedding and were there way later than I would have liked.

Sunday I did laundry, took a nap, went to help mom finish setting up for nieces baby shower, had shower, and just finished dinner on the deck. Now I'm soaking my foot because I got a splinter. Ouch!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 8:26 PM

I did not do much worth noting except making a split second decision to go see THE AVENGERS, which was totally worth all the money it takes for Hubby and I to go out. LOL Beyond that I didn't get any cleaning done or school planning. The kids and I have been a bit crabby, honestly.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 6, 2012 at 8:35 PM
I've been on the crabby side as well.

I saw you post about Nikki going on a breastfeeding strike. My girls both did that to me at 10 months. With Julia, I didn't know better and gave up after about two weeks.
With chelsey, I continued to offer at each feeding and pulled through in just 2-3 days. We ended up breastfeeding until 23 months. For my girls, I think it was teething related, or possibly an ear infection related to teething because they would pull off and scream/arch or whatever like I was killing them. I also took chels to the chiro, which I think helped speed up the recovery if she did actually have an ear infection.

Quoting mem82:

I did not do much worth noting except making a split second decision to go see THE AVENGERS, which was totally worth all the money it takes for Hubby and I to go out. LOL Beyond that I didn't get any cleaning done or school planning. The kids and I have been a bit crabby, honestly.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2012 at 9:21 PM

Thanks for the kind words. I feel stretched too thin. 8(

Ugh, just to have a quick whine-My breast is completely bruised and scratched up from where she scratches and pinches. She's busted my lip twice. The other kids are getting mad because she is being so loud that they can't concentrate. Theo is sick and they fight over my lap. Plus, Hubby has had to work extra and I messed up some details so Missie missed a scout outing and cried. Oh, and Mom decided to skip church so the kids were upset that they couldn't go because she is their ride. It's been a rough couple weeks and these last 4 days have just been the cherry on top.

/whine and rant

Quoting Boobah:

I've been on the crabby side as well.

I saw you post about Nikki going on a breastfeeding strike. My girls both did that to me at 10 months. With Julia, I didn't know better and gave up after about two weeks.
With chelsey, I continued to offer at each feeding and pulled through in just 2-3 days. We ended up breastfeeding until 23 months. For my girls, I think it was teething related, or possibly an ear infection related to teething because they would pull off and scream/arch or whatever like I was killing them. I also took chels to the chiro, which I think helped speed up the recovery if she did actually have an ear infection.

Quoting mem82:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN