Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

OT: I just got invited to a bachelorette party

Posted by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:37 PM
  • 10 Replies

Yep, and old friend from high school is getting married, and another old friend invited me to the bachelorette party. I'm not sure why since I'm more of acquaintances with them now, and it wasn't a broad invitation so I she must have meant to invite me.

I can't decide whether I'm depressed or pleased. LOL

We were all partiers, and now, 10 years later, they still are and I'm not. So here's this invitation, that says bring $30 dollars, a set of 'play' clothes and then clothes to go out in. It's going to be rad and awesome and great and I'm not going. LOL I just can't. I mean, I'm almost 30 so on one hand I feel like I'm too old for stuff like that but on the other hand I'm ONLY almost 30. Twelve years ago, I was the party. LOL

I think I'm having a mid life crisis. I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't go out late with friends, and all these friends I used to have still do, even the ones with kids. It's like, who has the right idea, me or them?

LOL Anyone hear what I'm saying? 8)

by on May. 7, 2012 at 5:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 7, 2012 at 6:42 PM
1 mom liked this
I was never a party girl, but I totally get what you are saying. My friends are all 30+ also, with kids, and still think getting drunk is the thing to do. I can't believe how much we have changed in opposite directions.
So yeah, unless I was super close with them, I doubt I'd go also. I *think* everyone who would invite me now is married, so I should be clear. Haha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on May. 7, 2012 at 7:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I hear you! I don't get the whole get smashed for fun stuff & I really don't get the bachelor/ Bachelorette parties where they go to strip clubs & get waist!

Saraho5
by on May. 7, 2012 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
I don't blame you for not going! I wouldn't either unless it was for someone I was super close too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 7, 2012 at 8:05 PM
1 mom liked this

Thanks, ladies. I was having an idenity crisis for a moment. 'Sadly,' I'm so out of the loop that I was like, $30 to charity? What in the- OHHHHHHHH. DUH!' LOL I have no interest in a stripper, guy or girl! LOL Or drinking, or leaving Hubby with a breastfeeding infant, all night. XD

Saraho5
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:05 PM
^ oh, lol. I'm just getting the party clothes, $$ for strippers, etc!
I'm gonna edit my initial answer...I probably wouldn't even do that for someone I was close too!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alexsmomaubrys2
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:08 PM

LOL. I am almost 31. I am going out next week with my girls to bar hop and hang out. =D Can't wait.

You aren't too old to go out and have a great time if you wanted but if you don't really want to go, then don't.

Charlenerjs
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:14 PM
I'm 26 and I didn't go to a bachelorette party I was invited to a few months ago.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charlenerjs
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Lol! I thought it was for drinks? I didn't even think of stripper. This is why I don't go "out" lol

Quoting mem82:

Thanks, ladies. I was having an idenity crisis for a moment. 'Sadly,' I'm so out of the loop that I was like, $30 to charity? What in the- OHHHHHHHH. DUH!' LOL I have no interest in a stripper, guy or girl! LOL Or drinking, or leaving Hubby with a breastfeeding infant, all night. XD

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sreichelt26
by on May. 7, 2012 at 9:28 PM

"I don't drink, I don't smoke, I don't go out late with friends"

Same thing, and I'm 24. I've never been like that, though. I do drink, but just a few drinks here or there. Never been drunk.

oredeb
by on May. 9, 2012 at 10:22 AM

hahahah you just have different set of values now, they are who they are and you are who you are, its good you dont feel the need to follow the crowd!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)