Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Recommendations on Online distance learning programs

Posted by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM
  • 6 Replies

Well, my kids area still young but I am considering the idea of using a distance learning program for their high school years.

• Does anyone has a recommendation for any of the programs that are available?
  • To what colleges the students has been accepted?
  • Which one is the best in terms of college preparation, methods, college acceptance, etc?

by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Gabreial
by on May. 8, 2012 at 9:55 AM

I haven't used it, but I've researched a lot about Bob Jones University. They offer a distance learning program (starting with the younger grades as well) and of course they have a University. Not sure if it is what you are looking for. 

Gabreial

usmom3
by BJ on May. 8, 2012 at 12:34 PM

I don't know if I would be putting to much time in to this right now with your children still being young, for all you know by the time they get to collage age there could be a ton of new & different options!

estilofamiliar
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:42 PM

Yes, I understand your point of view, but I always like to get informed and prepared ahead of time to know my options, the budget, what is the best one, which are the best options regarding academic preparation, etc. Which one have a good reputation with colleges, etc. I  would love to know others experience with them to be able to have a better understanding on how they work and what to look for by the time I need to enroll them. I would probably use it on middle school too. Thank you!

Quoting usmom3:

I don't know if I would be putting to much time in to this right now with your children still being young, for all you know by the time they get to collage age there could be a ton of new & different options!

estilofamiliar
by on May. 9, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Gabriela thank you for taking the time to respond. Yes, I meant online education like Bob Jones. That's one of the programs I was reading about. I am looking into them, but I will love have opinion of the parents about the program, etc. I am thinking on the possibility registering my sons for High School and I want if its worth it.

What are your thoughts on this? Did you like what you see in Bob Jones?

Quoting Gabreial:

I haven't used it, but I've researched a lot about Bob Jones University. They offer a distance learning program (starting with the younger grades as well) and of course they have a University. Not sure if it is what you are looking for. 

Gabreial

romacox
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 3:57 PM

42 States offer "Dual Enrollment" which means children can attend college for free until they turn 18.  Some of that education is likely online. You might want to check that out   Dual Enrollment

estilofamiliar
by on May. 10, 2012 at 9:58 AM
Thank you! That's a nice option!

Quoting romacox:

42 States offer "Dual Enrollment" which means children can attend college for free until they turn 18.  Some of that education is likely online. You might want to check that out   Dual Enrollment

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN