Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I'm new

Posted by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM
  • 7 Replies
I'm going to be homeschooling for the summer to try it out. So tired of moving place to place and have to deal with schools and my boys being depressed because their friends aren't there. So now we are making the descions to do this. Hubby and I are on the same page. By the time we find a more stable place they will be ready for school. We have a daughter on the way too:)

I have two people in the family that are going to school to become teachers so I have lots of resources to choose from.

Any other suggestions are greatly appreciated.
by on May. 9, 2012 at 9:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oredeb
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:09 AM

hi darriensmom, how old are your kids? do you plan on homeschooling them when public school starts up in sept?

Dariensmom1
by on May. 9, 2012 at 11:36 AM
Yes I do plan on doing it..just want to keep them learning through the summer to.

They are 5 and 4.
bren_darlene
by Bronze Member on May. 9, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Congratulations on your decision to home educate.  I have been at it for many yrs.  All but one of our 15 children have now graduated our home school.  Our kids are now 32 down to 14  :-)   We also have a whole slew of grandkids that are being educated at home.

oredeb
by on May. 9, 2012 at 12:51 PM
2 moms liked this

dariensmom, at this age its a good idea to play with them, teach them songs or poems(memorization), do arts and crafts, dance, lots of hands on stuff, games, read to them, hands on learning, have fun with them!

Quoting Dariensmom1:

Yes I do plan on doing it..just want to keep them learning through the summer to.

They are 5 and 4.

romacox
by Silver Member on May. 9, 2012 at 1:35 PM

Be sure to check out your State Laws concerning home school because each state is different.  Here is an article that will help you with that, and much more How To Home School

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 10, 2012 at 8:02 AM
Welcome!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gacgbaker
by on May. 10, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I'm doing the same thing- trying it over the summer!

Welcome to the group!  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN