Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Switched on School house? Pro's and Cons?

Posted by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM
  • 2 Replies

I have two 7th graders AND it will be my first year homeschooling! I am wondering if it might be a good way to ease into this? Thank you for any help/advice!

by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
nikkisuire
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:27 AM

Pros:  no planning needed, kids can do as much as they want that day, it gets into details on how to do things or what they are teaching, all computers, no extra work needed, normally doesnt take that long to finish, you have a parent's section they can not get into where you can see what is being done, possible grading, and you can set their schedules (what they learn certain days of the week, if you want to skip an entire lesson or even add a lesson)

Cons:  ALOT OF READING, if you computer goes out, what will you teach with????

OVERALL:  I love SOS and would recommend it to anyone.  We used it last yr and it was amazing.  The cost isnt nearly as bad as some full curriculums.  this yr we just decided to do unit studies.  we are teaching 4 kids 4 different ages, so this works for us!  GOOD LUCK and have fun with it.

as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD

oredeb
by on May. 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM

yes it would be a good way to ease into it! sos is good, but theres lots of time on computer!

after a year you all might be tired of working on it so much!hahah

be sure to check out the differnt methods of hsing while the kids are doing the sos thing!  http://www.cafemom.com/group/114079/forums/read/16427402/What_type_of_homeschooler_are_you_or_if_your_just_starting_would_you_like_to_be

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN