Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

just joined and looking for some cool art ideas!

Posted by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM
  • 8 Replies

Hi i just joined and am also gonna start homeschooling my 7yr this next year for second grade i need some good art project ideas so i can stock up on supplies for summer!!

by on May. 15, 2012 at 4:52 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
kirbymom
by Sonja on May. 15, 2012 at 5:39 PM

here are a few links...

ArtProjects4Kids

AlphbetSoup

KinderArt

Hope these are helpful.    :) 

swim-mom72
by on May. 15, 2012 at 6:02 PM

Pinterest is a good place to find ideas.

Making your own paper and paint was fun for us. Mosaics are usually a hit. Recycled art was something I have always wanted to do with the kids or toothpick art.

kirbymom
by Sonja on May. 15, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I do Pinterest myself, but didn't know that you could find this type of stuff on there.  How do you go about looking for it? If you don't mind my asking? 

Quoting swim-mom72:

Making your own paper and paint was fun for us. Mosaics are usually a hit. Recycled art was something I have always wanted to do with the kids or toothpick art.

usmom3
by BJ on May. 15, 2012 at 7:27 PM

Just search for homeschool art projects or some kind of wording like that!

Quoting kirbymom:

I do Pinterest myself, but didn't know that you could find this type of stuff on there.  How do you go about looking for it? If you don't mind my asking? 

Quoting swim-mom72:

swim-mom72
by on May. 15, 2012 at 10:56 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting swim-mom72:

With the search button you type in "art projects", "kids art", "teaching art", preschool art", or something similar. Even if you just type in "homeschool" you get pages and pages of cool ideas.

oredeb
by on May. 16, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

hi kirby! i use pinteresst also heres me  http://pinterest.com/oredeb/ if you look under homeschool art on my site you'll find some art stuff!

Quoting kirbymom:

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Welcome! I'm Shannon a homeschooling mom of two boys ages are nearly 11 & 8.

I'm not that knowledgable in art. But i love this one blog that gives great creative ideas, it's called Think! You can get the link from my own blog at http://kickbuttcrazylapbooks.blogspot.com/2010/10/new-site-interesting-article.html

Now that we have an ipad, we also do a lot of art/music history through their waaaay cool aps. Usually we'll study a piece or artist and then the kids go and try to make their own to look like it!
KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 16, 2012 at 8:37 AM
Quoting oredeb:

I'm on pintrest as well! As kickbuttmama of course!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)