Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
What are you reading right now?

What are your kids reading?

Any recommendations for a good book for mom? I'm getting a much needed break this weekend and want something good to read!! Everyone cross your fingers I don't go into labor before I get back! Haha!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 16, 2012 at 7:55 AM
Replies (21-29):
oredeb
by on May. 16, 2012 at 11:31 AM

im reading a real hot one! 'carrots love tomatoes'by louise rioette!! not for the light hearted!hahahahahahahahah

srichtermom
by on May. 17, 2012 at 10:42 AM

I would second the people who enjoy Ted Dekker.  I've read all of his books and they are really good.  Kristen Hannah has some fictions books I've enjoyed as well; her books all seem to have an underlying romantic theme.  Jeffrey Deaver writes suspense/mystery books you might like.  They are a little more descriptive in parts but I didn't find them overly disturbing.  He wrote Kiss the Girls, which I believe was a movie many years ago.

My daughter (she's 9) is currently reading the Dear America series which are wonderful historical fiction books that cover a certain time period in each book.  The last two she read were about the sinking of the Titanic and the Spanish influenza.

doriselm
by on May. 17, 2012 at 11:22 AM

Reading "Children's Blizzard" now, kids are reading Junie B. Jones and Heaven is for Real.

I love history books that are somewhat written as novels but don't deter from the facts. So it depends on what you like to read. I find Karen Kingsbury is a great author. Her stories are beautiful without bad language and just fascinating! Hope you'll find something that will keep you reading before baby is born. Awesome, a new baby! Congratulations!

Doris :)

Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 17, 2012 at 12:34 PM
My daughter LOVES Junie b :)

And thank you!

Quoting doriselm:

Reading "Children's Blizzard" now, kids are reading Junie B. Jones and Heaven is for Real.

I love history books that are somewhat written as novels but don't deter from the facts. So it depends on what you like to read. I find Karen Kingsbury is a great author. Her stories are beautiful without bad language and just fascinating! Hope you'll find something that will keep you reading before baby is born. Awesome, a new baby! Congratulations!

Doris :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 1:10 PM

I am reading "The Mark" from the Left Behind Series.   I started reading the series years ago and never did get any more of the books. 

I went to a thrift store in another town and they had them for 1.50 (hardback) or 1.00 (softcover).  So, I started out with like 3 or 4 of them.  I went back and picked up 2 more two weeks ago.  I am planning on getting at least 2 or 3 more this weekend.  If I have the time I can read a book a day or every other day...lol.

My daughter is not old enough to read yet, but we try to read at least 3 nights per week.  We are going to start homeschooling within the next two weeks (hopefully if my stuff comes in).  My boys are 14 and they absolutely hate reading (got it from their dad..lol).  They only have 4 days of school left so they are not reading anything at all..lol.

bether89
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I am reading Deception by Jonathan Kellerman.  My Ds is reading Good Grief Third Grade by Colleen O'Shaughnessy McKenna.

kirbymom
by Sonja on May. 17, 2012 at 4:48 PM

Who has time to read?  lol  And I love to read.  When I was between the ages 11 and 15, I had read about a thousand books.  And that ladies, was many moons ago.

No seriously, if I didn't do my day to day things while at the same time being on here, I would never be on here.  :) 

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 17, 2012 at 6:13 PM

I NEED to read The Shack before we go to family camp this summer, so that's what I am currently reading.  BUT I did take a sweet break to read some of the Maximum Ride books by James Patterson.

My 7 yo is blasting his way through every Magic Treehouse book he can get his hands on and researching all the eras mentioned, last week he was asking me if there were any Basho Haikus in my poetry books (and he gobbled pages and pages of them when I found him some!)

My 5 year old is stuck on the Stink Moody books!  There was a Zombie Walk one that got his attention, we've been reading a chapter every day at naptime.

And my 3 yo asked for Knufflebunny 10 times today!  LOL!  We did split it up with other books in between, but he just kept coming back to it.

SusanTheWriter
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I'm so excited! I get to go pick up Fair Game by Patricia Briggs at the library! I've been on the waitlist for weeks, but at least I had plenty to read while I waited.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)