Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your constitutional rights are being taken away nationally!

Posted by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:39 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this

Check out ParentalRights.org

I am beyond scared of the outcome of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child... I can't believe their decision can override our very own constitution!!!!  How is it left in the hands of foreigners how we raise our children?

I am beyond scared of the future of our country!

by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on May. 17, 2012 at 7:32 AM

I know what you mean.  It is a scary thought..

Moma3boyz
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:04 AM
It is scary! Have you read about some of the other countries that have had this put into place. It its very scary reading. I am sure that when it started out it was many to help make sure all children had the same opportunities, but more it its yet another way for someone to try and take away the right for us to raise our children the way we want and to teach them the way we want.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momofthree62
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:35 AM

Quite alarming.

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:48 AM

I'm not worried about it, honestly. The USA, playing ball and being nice, nodded it's head and said, 'Oh, yes, we'll sign this, but, of course our Congress will have to ratify it.' Congress won't so we have nothing to worry about but it looks like we were trying to do it. Every year and a half or so, some one says, 'Oh, no! Look at this!' Everyone panics and then everyone realizes it's no big deal.

Precious333
by Silver Member on May. 17, 2012 at 10:52 AM
bump for later
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jeremmy
by on May. 17, 2012 at 8:27 PM

I think its sad that our country signs things like this for 'goodwill gestures'. A country that truly tried to uphold parental rights wouldnt do that, even if it never planned on putting it into law.

romacox
by Silver Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:28 AM

I was surprised just how much we are already controlled by the U.N. The other day I heard this on the news: "the U.S. State Department on Friday said 13 foreign workers -- six of them U.S. citizens -- had left Egypt on a private plane. The amount of bail paid for the U.S. citizens was set at about $330,000 each.

The State Department declined to name the people, some of whom worked for the IRI and the National Democratic Institute,"
http://af.reuters.com/article/topNews/idAFJOE82201T20120303

I had no idea there was such a thing as the International Republican and International Democratic parties. Did you?  I looked it up, and learned the follwoing: 

• The International Republican Institute is for spreading Democracy world wide.http://www.iri.org/
  • McCain chairs the International Republican Institute, one of the four American groups targeted.
    http://www.iri.org/news-events-press-center/news/ap-iri-chairman-senator-john-mccain-visits-egypt
  • International Democratic Party is also for spreading democracy world wide http://www.ndi.org/
  • Although officially nonpartisan, IRI is closely aligned with the Republican Party, just as its sister organization, the National Democratic Institute (NDI), is aligned with the Democratic Party. Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) has served as IRI chairman since 1993, and Lorne Craner, the former assistant secretary of state for democracy and human rights and labor in the George W. Bush administration, is IRI’s president.

The IRI is the indirect product of the democratic globalism efforts of the AFL-CIO, U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and the two main U.S. political parties.[16] In 1982, President Ronald Reagan proposed a new organization to promote free-market democracies around the world, the NED. In 1983, Congress approved the creation of NED, which was funded primarily through the U.S. Information Agency (USIA) and secondarily through the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). Designed as a bipartisan institution, NED channels U.S. government funding through four core grantees: IRI, NDI, the Center for International Private Enterprise, and the Solidarity Center (the AFL-CIO's international operations institute).[17]

The IRI has expanded greatly in recent years. Its 2008 budget was about $78 million, with programs in some 60 countries
    http://rightweb.irc-online.org/profile/International_Republican_Institute

The IRI and NDI arr both  part of the United Nations:

• IRI works to advance freedom and democracy worldwide by developing political parties; civic institutions; open elections; good governance; and the rule of law. http://www.unausa.org/page.aspx?pid=411

We are also currently operate under the U.N. Sea Treaty which overides our Constitution:  http://www.worldwatch.org/node/5993

somuchlove4U
by Bronze Member on May. 18, 2012 at 8:58 AM
They have been working on this for awhile now. I don't think this will just go away.

Quoting mem82:

I'm not worried about it, honestly. The USA, playing ball and being nice, nodded it's head and said, 'Oh, yes, we'll sign this, but, of course our Congress will have to ratify it.' Congress won't so we have nothing to worry about but it looks like we were trying to do it. Every year and a half or so, some one says, 'Oh, no! Look at this!' Everyone panics and then everyone realizes it's no big deal.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 18, 2012 at 10:39 AM

Yep, it's been around for a while and they've done absolutely nothing about it. I'm not worried. Then again, I'm not paranoid about the UN or Big Brother. 8)

I hate politics in nondebate groups. This belongs more in Current Events or something.

Quoting somuchlove4U:

They have been working on this for awhile now. I don't think this will just go away.

Quoting mem82:

AlyBren
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:05 PM

I think it's a crime that the US has failed to ratify it, and it says a lot about the character of the people who keep stonewalling this. And not in a good way.

It's not going to do a damn thing to homeschooling. Canada ratified it... at least a decade ago, I think, and and our homeschooling laws are much more liberal than many states in the US. Even in homeschool 'hostile' Quebec, the laws are less strict than states like Massachusetts.

The UK was one of the first to ratify the convention and you don't even have to notify to homeschool there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)