Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Your constitutional rights are being taken away nationally!

Posted by   + Show Post

Check out ParentalRights.org

I am beyond scared of the outcome of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child... I can't believe their decision can override our very own constitution!!!!  How is it left in the hands of foreigners how we raise our children?

I am beyond scared of the future of our country!

by on May. 17, 2012 at 1:39 AM
Replies (11-12):
ladyluke2007
by on May. 19, 2012 at 5:09 PM

O WOW, scary.

romacox
by Silver Member on May. 22, 2012 at 4:36 AM

I cannot speak for other Countries, because they have a right to their own form of government.  But in the U.S., allowing unconstitutional laws (there are now many on the books) has way too often proved to be very destructive to American Citizens, and freedom.  For example: 

• The 4Th Amendment of our Constitution says:   The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized
  • But the Patriot Act allows authorities to take those actions without a warrant issued by a judge.  It also makes it illegal for such a citizen to contact their attorney or tell anyone of such, and authorities do not have to tell the citizen what was seized. 
  • Most jurisdictions have not acted on this portion of the Patriot Act.  But several  jurisdictions have (see one example of how this law was used against a teenager in the following video)
  • According to the Supreme Court:: an unconstitutional law is not law at all, and citizens (not just States) can challenge such laws:  http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/of-course-defendants-can-challenge-the-constitutionality-of-laws-under-which-theyre-prosecuted/#utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Cas-hat-liberty+%28Cato+at+Liberty%29
  • Some like the IMF, CFR, and Federal Reserve (PDF File),  and WTO like the idea of the U.S. giving up their  soverigenty for world governance under the U.N.
  • At this time, there is a big debate in the U.S. over this issue...can man govern himself as our Founding Fathers believed,  or does man need to be ruled?....The Big Debate  (what Gandhi, Plato, and our Founding Fathers believed verses what Freud and Bernays believed)
  • P.S. This discussion is an excellent topic that can be used to teach analytical thinking, government, history, and current events to older children.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN