Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Who has used Sonlight?

Posted by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:11 AM
  • 5 Replies

Several moms at our homeschool co-op we found are using Sonlight.   But only 1 of them has a child my kid's age....the rest are K and below.   They all love it.   I'm looking into and am intrigued by it, but a little scared of it bc it isnt "traditional".  

Do you think the Sonlight multi-packages (with the math, handwriting etc) are enough to be all I'd need ?   I'm also not sure about how long it will take to do everyday.   It looks like alot.  

by on May. 23, 2012 at 10:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 23, 2012 at 10:26 AM
I purchased my math from sonlight.com (horizons grade 2) but haven't used their actual program. I pick and choose from different places instead of getting everything from one place because I really like our spelling grammar, etc and no one has them as a program, so I just purchase them here and there. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LostTheSlipper
by Bronze Member on May. 23, 2012 at 11:09 AM

I used their booklist for History to supplement our history text, but that's about it.

romacox
by Silver Member on May. 23, 2012 at 1:07 PM

It all depends on your child's learning style.  The following article will help you figure that out, and provides you with the various methods used by home educators to help you decide which is best for you and your child.

How To Home School

swim-mom72
by on May. 23, 2012 at 1:41 PM

We have used Sonlight. Actually, Sonlight was the first curricullum we used when we started to homeschool. Yes, it is def. enough and you would not need to suppliment. But, it may be TOO much. Many that use it, us included, are a bit overwhelmed by the amount that is scheduled to do. My advice, if you do use it, do not feel the need to do it ALL. Sonlight actually suggests picking and choosing things they have scheduled and tailor it to fit your child.

We no longer use them because it is too teacher intensive for my taste, but I do use their book lists for our reading schedule. Here are some items being sold on another homeschooling site i love, and they may interest you http://homeschoolreviews.com/forums/2/thread.aspx?id=105346

bugayfamilyof4
by Member on May. 23, 2012 at 8:57 PM

I love mixing and matching to suit each child. My kids are not a one size fits all. Also holy moly it is expensive !!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN