Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

To All Newcomers

Posted by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:20 PM
  • 19 Replies
1 mom liked this

I just wanted to give a special ***Welcome*** to each and everyone of you to the group and to tell you...

I hope you all feel like you can just jump into any conversation thread or even start one of your own. It can be asking for help or just to say hello.  Maybe even post something that will help everyone get to know each other better.    This is such a great place for advice and conversation and even to just hang out.  

So go ahead and start posting.   And above all....Have Fun!    :)  

by on May. 24, 2012 at 3:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 24, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes!! Welcome!! Tell us about yourself :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ripemango
by Member on May. 24, 2012 at 8:23 PM
2 moms liked this

Thank you Kirby!

I just joined the group the other day and posted my first post to the group at that time. I was nervous! Glad I posted though. Apparently there are ALOT of homeschoolers on CM like us :)  We just can't find a school  'right' for us in Alabama so our girl will be homeschooled at least for a few years.

Here's a little about me/us:

My husband and I are now homeschooling our daughter, who turns 4 this August. We will be doing it together this summer and then this fall he will primarily take over. I've been accepted into a Masters program for Epidemiology and the coursework will more than likely be time consuming. I hope that I will be able to attend some of the homeschooling functions/playdates/get togethers. I've already joined a local homeschooling group and so far, so good. It looks like he may be the only male in the group....we're kinda wondering if he will be attending the Mom's Night Out :p

I was so pleased with the initial response of my first post. The members of this group were so nice and even recommended curriculum (which of course we are still hammering out). I look forward to many discussions with all of y'all :)

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

Mommy2justone
by on May. 24, 2012 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Hi! My name is Brittney, and my husband and I have a 4.5 year old daughter, Hannah. She was tested to start Kindergarten (her birthday falls 2 weeks past the deadline to start). She did wonderfully on the test except when they asked her to draw certain symbols and she did, perfectly, but then drew a smiley face in one, colored in another, and drew a circle around the triangle. So they said she didn't follow directions and said she wasn't ready for kindergarten. We had decided to homeschool a long time ago, but wanted her to go to kindergarten in PS so she could learn the class room dynamics. So we aren't really doing this spur of the moment, but we are new to this all :) Thanks for the welcome! (Sorry for any misspellings, my phone sucks......really sucks actually)

Quoting Boobah:

Yes!! Welcome!! Tell us about yourself :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
oredeb
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this

BUMP!

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 2:20 PM

Personally, I joined months ago, but we had really just started hoeschoolling everyone.  I had no time to really get involved with much online.  Now that school is winding down and the boys are able to do a lot without me, I have some breathing space!

I'm so excited with how well everything went.

kirbymom
by Sonja on May. 25, 2012 at 2:27 PM

U R so Welcome.  :)  

Congratulations on you Masters! 

With both you and your husband helping to teach your daughter, you will do just fine with both your schooling and your daughter's homeschooling.

Quoting ripemango:

Thank you Kirby!

I just joined the group the other day and posted my first post to the group at that time. I was nervous! Glad I posted though. Apparently there are ALOT of homeschoolers on CM like us :)  We just can't find a school  'right' for us in Alabama so our girl will be homeschooled at least for a few years.

My husband and I are now homeschooling our daughter, who turns 4 this August. We will be doing it together this summer and then this fall he will primarily take over. I've been accepted into a Masters program for Epidemiology and the coursework will more than likely be time consuming. I hope that I will be able to attend some of the homeschooling functions/playdates/get togethers. I've already joined a local homeschooling group and so far, so good. It looks like he may be the only male in the group....we're kinda wondering if he will be attending the Mom's Night Out :p ~~  LOL  He will be the center of attention. 

I was so pleased with the initial response of my first post. The members of this group were so nice and even recommended curriculum (which of course we are still hammering out). I look forward to many discussions with all of y'all :) ~~  We look forward to chatting with you too.  :)

daisypetals2000
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi!  My name is Amy and I have recently pulled my oldest two children out of public school.  Kind of a spur of the moment decision based on unforseen circumstances, however, it has went well.  We are in the process of setting up our classroom, getting books, and settled into a routine.  My younger two school-aged children will be joining us at home in the fall.  :)  I am excited.  The whole experience has been so rewarding thus far.  I don't think I have ever heard my son tell me he loves me so much.  I am open to any and all suggestions... especially website you guys have found useful for worksheets/lesson plans.  I have joined superteacherworksheets.com, which I love... are there any others you guys couldn't live without?

ripemango
by Member on May. 26, 2012 at 6:06 AM

Thank you Kirby :))) You are too sweet! I appreciate the encouragement.

Quoting kirbymom:

U R so Welcome.  :)  

Congratulations on you Masters! 

With both you and your husband helping to teach your daughter, you will do just fine with both your schooling and your daughter's homeschooling.

Quoting ripemango:

Thank you Kirby!

My husband and I are now homeschooling our daughter, who turns 4 this August. We will be doing it together this summer and then this fall he will primarily take over. I've been accepted into a Masters program for Epidemiology and the coursework will more than likely be time consuming. I hope that I will be able to attend some of the homeschooling functions/playdates/get togethers. I've already joined a local homeschooling group and so far, so good. It looks like he may be the only male in the group....we're kinda wondering if he will be attending the Mom's Night Out :p ~~  LOL  He will be the center of attention. 

I was so pleased with the initial response of my first post. The members of this group were so nice and even recommended curriculum (which of course we are still hammering out). I look forward to many discussions with all of y'all :) ~~  We look forward to chatting with you too.  :)

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

kirbymom
by Sonja on May. 26, 2012 at 11:45 AM

Hi daisypetals! Welcome!  So nice to meet you.  :)

If I may ask, how many children do you have?  I myself have 7 and I homeschool all of them.  You must be doing something right if you are in a routine and things are going well.  YAY!  lol  

Don't you just love when you find your kids learn from you? Its such a rewarding experience and feeling when your children are learning from you and all that you educate them with.  :) 

What kind of suggestions are you looking for? Anything specific or just generalized suggestions? 

Quoting daisypetals2000:

Hi!  My name is Amy and I have recently pulled my oldest two children out of public school.  Kind of a spur of the moment decision based on unforseen circumstances, however, it has went well.  We are in the process of setting up our classroom, getting books, and settled into a routine.  My younger two school-aged children will be joining us at home in the fall.  :)  I am excited.  The whole experience has been so rewarding thus far.  I don't think I have ever heard my son tell me he loves me so much.  I am open to any and all suggestions... especially website you guys have found useful for worksheets/lesson plans.  I have joined superteacherworksheets.com, which I love... are there any others you guys couldn't live without?

ImmiNan
by on May. 26, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Nice to meet you. It's great to have another 'passionate about homeschooling my kids' kind of mom to share with.  Welcome

Quoting daisypetals2000:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)