Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Love it or leave it: Rosetta Stone?

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:43 AM
  • 15 Replies

giving heartOR devil

Do you love the Rosetta Stone language programs?  Have you ever tried them and which ones?

by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on May. 25, 2012 at 8:24 AM
DS1 has Spanish...he thinks it is super boring
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bethsunshine
by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:34 AM

I've never tried it but I refuse to spend hundreds of dollars on ONE piece of curriculum, when I could buy most or all of my curriculum for that.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

oredeb
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:22 AM

never used rosetta, or any foreign lang stuff

Silverkitty
by Bronze Member on May. 25, 2012 at 10:43 AM
I've tried it and it's okay, but now my comp isn't working and since you are only renting the program I have to call the company to get it to work on another comp. Too much hassle. I'm looking into other cheaper programs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on May. 25, 2012 at 10:48 AM
Never tried it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM

We have the spanish one... Ikinda like it.. the problem is you really have to do it every day..

RatherBeReading
by on May. 25, 2012 at 11:49 AM

Leave it IMO. There are so many ways to do it free or cheap, why spend like $400 on it?

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 1:55 PM

I've never used it because of the price.

kirbymom
by Sonja on May. 25, 2012 at 2:57 PM

We have a sample disk and the kids love it.  You can learn so much from it.  Even if its just a starter disk.  2 of my kids have learned a few languages from that disk.  When they needed more we just got some lessons off the internet and some translation dictionaries to keep them going.  

slashteddy
by on May. 25, 2012 at 3:01 PM

I really want to try it, but I'm iffy. I've heard their customer service SUCKS. And something about if you lose the computer it's installed on (be it by theft or it just breaking), even if you registered your program, they won't let you get another copy or anything - you have to pay the full price AGAIN. And it's so expensive to begin with. Also, I've heard that you have to pay extra for more people to use the program? :\ This is all things I've read as far as reviews go, so I don't know firsthand... it just makes me a little skeevy about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)