Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Memorial day weekend plans?

Posted by   + Show Post
Happy memorial day weekend!

Is this a "long" weekend for you and your family? Any plans?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:57 AM
Replies (11-17):
MumsTheWord571
by Member on May. 26, 2012 at 1:19 PM
Waiting to get fillings now and tomorrow going to a bday party. No idea about Sunday.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on May. 26, 2012 at 11:37 PM
OMG....EXHAUSTED! LOL....

We had to get up at 5:45 (they didn't settle down to sleep till 11:30 to have the boys in full dress uniform and out at the cemetary by 8am. We were done by 9:45...amazing how 5000 scouts can cover over 200000 graves in less than 45 minutes and do it with honor and respect. Every soldier is honored with a moment of silence and a salute! It gives me chills every year.

Then we did lunch and a 5.2 mile hike to a waterfall. It was a light to moderate hike and we made good time until my co-leader slipped, fell and sprained her ankle. We had to limp back s l o w l y. The weather was beautiful and the scenery spectacular.

With the drive time..we got back at 5pm.

Then I had to go pickup DD from her friend's house, start laundry and shower. I passed put on the couch aabout 6:30! LOL Woke around 7:45 and the kids are just now eating dinner. EEK!

Overall...a great day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IntlMom12
by on May. 27, 2012 at 5:45 PM

We have been camping in a teepee since Friday night through tomorrow. This is the first time our boys have been camping and they are having a WONDERFUL time!

ripemango
by Member on May. 27, 2012 at 5:52 PM

we plan on attempting camping this summer. I've never done it! I think our lil three year old is gonna love it too.

Have fun IntlMom :)

Quoting IntlMom12:

We have been camping in a teepee since Friday night through tomorrow. This is the first time our boys have been camping and they are having a WONDERFUL time!

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

ripemango
by Member on May. 27, 2012 at 5:55 PM

going to a party tomorrow at a friend's house so there will be swimming, barbeque, grilled this n that, plus a crazy amount of Southern sides. Looking forward to it :)

I don't know where the sunbeams end and the starlights begin; it's all a mystery.

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2012 at 8:58 PM

I'm so sorry.

Quoting KickButtMama:

No holiday plans really. My grandfather died unexpectedly this week, so we are busy making arrangements, trying to get into the local Vets cemetary this time of year is difficult.

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM

We had my daughter's birthday party last night and my husband flew out of town, this morning. I've started work on pottytraining Theo. 8( It's not going that great.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN