Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Last day of school!!!!!

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM
  • 4 Replies

Today is our "official" last day of school!! I say "official" because we will continue to do math throughout the summer, a couple of mornings a week to keep it fresh. This has been a HORRIBLE year for us and I am WORN OUT and so is everyone else.

This is pretty much the atmosphere in our house today:

woohoobouncing momclappingdancing

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

by on May. 25, 2012 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
oredeb
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM

yea last day!!! well at least you made it through! what happen to make it a horrible year?

Bethsunshine
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:32 AM

Quoting oredeb:

yea last day!!! well at least you made it through! what happen to make it a horrible year?

Well on our very first day, I got sick with a stomach virus, then a few days later, my oldest son got it. A few days after that, my youngest son got a fever for 3 days. I've had migraines for 26 years, and last summer my oldest son started having them two. We have averaged this year about 2 days a week where formal schoolwork didn't get done because either he or I or both of us had a migraine. We've also had some illnesses and death among friends and family. It's just been one thing after another. The last couple of months,we've just been treading water to get to the end of the year. We're just all tired and frustrated and ready to put this nightmare of a year behind us.

Join us in Christian Homeschoolers!!

http://www.cafemom.com/group/3200

oredeb
by on May. 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM

wow you've had the problems! oh well its over now! when you start up again it will be a new start a clean slate!  how long are you taking off for the summer?

Quoting Bethsunshine:

Quoting oredeb:

Well on our very first day, I got sick with a stomach virus, then a few days later, my oldest son got it. A few days after that, my youngest son got a fever for 3 days. I've had migraines for 26 years, and last summer my oldest son started having them two. We have averaged this year about 2 days a week where formal schoolwork didn't get done because either he or I or both of us had a migraine. We've also had some illnesses and death among friends and family. It's just been one thing after another. The last couple of months,we've just been treading water to get to the end of the year. We're just all tired and frustrated and ready to put this nightmare of a year behind us.

usmom3
by BJ on May. 25, 2012 at 10:50 AM
That's good you can take some time to relax. Today is the last day for the PS here & my kids are sad because now every where will be busy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)