Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Science Experiments at Home

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM
  • 10 Replies

This channel can become additive! :D Any age can enjoy these experiments. 

by on May. 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 1:09 PM
1 mom liked this

Looks fun!

ImmiNan
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:26 PM

There is one experiment after another on this channel. I guess you can't tell from the first video. Here is one we found really neat. So if you click on the link you will find the channel on youtube.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyYz-1gqt68&feature=related  :) Really cool science!

ImmiNan
by on May. 26, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Yesterday the kids (10yrs & under) and I watched several science experiments. Their Dad stopped in and watched 1 with us. Afterwards we talked about what we learned. Today we plan to return and watch again.  The second video I posted above (osmosis eggs) is one the kids and I really liked. Another one we were impressed with was about how to build an engine. I'm impressed. That's why I'm bumping this up, just in case someone missed this post yesterday.  Science is not boring any more. :D

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2012 at 10:01 AM

My husband and older 2 built an electromagnetic motor and posted it on youtube. My 7yoDS loves to have stuff posted.

ImmiNan
by on May. 27, 2012 at 11:13 AM

Hey, that's neat!  If you share the link the kids and I will watch. My son is the same age as yours. His favorite subject is science. :)

Quoting mem82:

My husband and older 2 built an electromagnetic motor and posted it on youtube. My 7yoDS loves to have stuff posted.

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2012 at 11:48 AM

Well, that video is a little weird. In the foreground is the motor/rotor and then my son is behind it. Cole's holding a bent metal wire coat hanger above it and staring at the spinning wire. LOL I'm not quite sure what he was doing but he thought the coat hanger might interrupt the magnet sphere around it, I think. LOL Homeschoolers are weirdos, huh? -_- LOL 

Quoting ImmiNan:

Hey, that's neat!  If you share the link the kids and I will watch. My son is the same age as yours. His favorite subject is science. :)

Quoting mem82:

ImmiNan
by on May. 27, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Sounds neat. Yeah, they actually get involved in their work. We did some weird experiments with lemons when learning how to make a battery last year.

Quoting mem82:

Well, that video is a little weird. In the foreground is the motor/rotor and then my son is behind it. Cole's holding a bent metal wire coat hanger above it and staring at the spinning wire. LOL I'm not quite sure what he was doing but he thought the coat hanger might interrupt the magnet sphere around it, I think. LOL Homeschoolers are weirdos, huh? -_- LOL 

Quoting ImmiNan:

Quoting mem82:

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 27, 2012 at 11:57 AM
1 mom liked this

ImmiNan
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:10 PM

Love the Electromagnetic motor video! My son will enjoy it, and want to make one for sure.

Thanks for sharing.

ImmiNan
by on May. 27, 2012 at 12:21 PM

Here's country Grandpa's rugged electric motor made with a mouse trap. Kids can learn from grandpa's too, right?! I don't know...I just like all characters. :) Anyway, this looks easy enough. I'll get my dh to build this with the kids.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)