Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Suggested Supplies Needed

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM
  • 22 Replies

...for Kindergarten curriculum? We'll probably add to it as we go, but what is a general school supply list for a Kindergarten classroom?

by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
shay0810
by on May. 25, 2012 at 1:29 PM

crayons, markers, scissors, construction paper....

JasonsMom2007
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 1:31 PM
1 mom liked this

I was wondering the same thing!  We have paints, playdough, crayons, markers, scissors, paper, pencils...

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM

*pipe cleaners

*magnifying glass

*tape

*stickers

Get Borax, baking soda, non gel food coloring and vinegar. I can think of sooooo many easy science experiments that just need these products and maybe one extra household thing

mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 25, 2012 at 1:54 PM

Oh, start stalking Target's one dollar bins. After Memorial Day, they start putting teacher supplies in there and after the Fourth, it becomes a gold mine of great stuff. LOL

victoriaherring
by Member on May. 25, 2012 at 1:56 PM
3 moms liked this

and if your timing is just right you can get it 50% off. I did this last year and seriously scored a bunch of awesome stuff, including some little dry erase boards with lines for $0.50

Quoting mem82:

Oh, start stalking Target's one dollar bins. After Memorial Day, they start putting teacher supplies in there and after the Fourth, it becomes a gold mine of great stuff. LOL

read my blog: www.rainingparade.blogspot.com

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Calorie Counter

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on May. 25, 2012 at 2:08 PM

white board or chalkboard (small, like lap-sized), butcher paper, modelling clay, thermometer, rain gauge, calendar, attribute blocks, triple-lined paper, flashcards w/ pictures, scissors, markers, crayons, glue sticks, tape, food coloring, finger paint, magnifying glass

kirbymom
by Sonja on May. 25, 2012 at 4:11 PM
1 mom liked this

You can also use the alphabet magnets for the refrigerator and while you cook your meals, you can begin to help the recognition process of the letters.  Young ones just love to make pictures with them too and you never have to clean up the mess either.  lol   :)  

celshep
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Check, check, check, check! :)

Quoting shay0810:

crayons, markers, scissors, construction paper....

celshep
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:18 PM

Good idea! Thanks for the suggestion!!!!

Quoting mem82:

celshep
by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

What is butcher paper? But your list did get me thinking... Calendar made me think of also getting a clock to learn time, rain gauge and thermometer got me thinking of also buying pots doing a gardening study, magnifying glass made me think of ants (disturbing, I know) which got me thinking of doing an ant farm or learning about insects/animals. Thanks! I think we'll be rather busy this year!

Quoting bluerooffarm:

white board or chalkboard (small, like lap-sized), butcher paper, modelling clay, thermometer, rain gauge, calendar, attribute blocks, triple-lined paper, flashcards w/ pictures, scissors, markers, crayons, glue sticks, tape, food coloring, finger paint, magnifying glass

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN