Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

2nd try at a blog.. advice please

Posted by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM
  • 5 Replies

ok.. I did another blog and hopefuly I did better on this one... Please take a look and tell me if I need to fix anything or add anything...

Ourhomeschoolpath

by on May. 25, 2012 at 4:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
TeaHound
by on May. 25, 2012 at 7:56 PM

BUMP!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 26, 2012 at 8:58 AM
Have fun with it, it looks great. The only thing is get comfy with tags. It makes it so much easier for a visitor to search for a specific topic after you've had the blog a while. I usually use catagory tags (language arts, field trip, science, science experiments, etc) to help searchers.
melissaoliver79
by on May. 26, 2012 at 3:19 PM

lol this may sound stupid but what are tags and how do I add them....

Quoting KickButtMama:

Have fun with it, it looks great. The only thing is get comfy with tags. It makes it so much easier for a visitor to search for a specific topic after you've had the blog a while. I usually use catagory tags (language arts, field trip, science, science experiments, etc) to help searchers.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 27, 2012 at 7:07 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting melissaoliver79:

When you are writing or editing your post, along the bottom there is a horizontal bar that is empty. You can use Key Words, so people can search. My blog has been active for years, so if someone wants to find all the science resources, they can go to the top of the page and search 'science resources' and every post i had written and assigned the tags science, resources will come up. It's just a way of organizing for searching later on. And when you go through your Edit Posts page along the left side is a list of every tag you used so you can edit posts under certain labels as well.

Does that make sense?
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 27, 2012 at 11:42 AM
1 mom liked this
I enjoy blogging, isnt it fun? I love to read them as well, so I'll "follow" you once I get to the computer. I don't update mine very often. Lol

This isn't a big deal to most people, but for some reason, I have decided to use nick names for my kids instead of their real names. Anytime I write about my oldest, I say jujubee and my younger one is coco or coco bear. It probably doesn't do anything really, but I feel safer with them not having their real names on there. I know, I'm weird. ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN