Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

App Review - Rock Prodigy

Posted by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM
  • 5 Replies
1 mom liked this
I believe I am not alone in my love for technology. Our Ipad has completely revolutionized our schooling. My kids are visual learners so most computer programs and apps really help them. Each day i will give my review of one app. Hope it's helpful!

Rock Prodigy - Guitar Lessons

Age Recomendation - 7-up (just for finger length)

Costs: ~7.99

Overall Rating - 5 stars

Technical Data: Size 56.1 MB

Description:

This is one of the most interesting apps i've ever seen! The student plugs a pair of head phones into the device if he is using an acustic guitar, if using an electric guitar, they plug the guitar right into the device. My son has an acustic guitar, so he plugs headphones into the Ipad. The ipad picks up the sound of his own playing so it can be determined if his playing matches the device! The lessons are simple - using a single string to start and get more complicated. My son had only had 1 month of real guitar lessons in the past, but he is on the 6th lesson with the program. Another awesome feature? You can slow the instruction down - so if its the first time the student is playing that particular string, they can do the lesson in half speed until they get the hang of it.

Downside? The room has to be utterly silent, since the device picks up so much sound it can get confusing for the student.

Happy Learning,
Shannon
http://kickbuttcrazylapbooks.blogspot.com/

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on May. 28, 2012 at 9:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2012 at 11:01 AM

Cool

I am thinking of getting a tablet.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 28, 2012 at 12:12 PM
Quoting mem82:

Cool

I am thinking of getting a tablet.

They are sooo worth it. Can't wait until this fall when Ipad is comming out in a much cheaper tablet form for only $200!!!

The apps have completely revolutionized out homeschooling.
mem82
by Platinum Member on May. 28, 2012 at 12:24 PM

My hubby refuses to buy Apple anything so I hope there are better Apps.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on May. 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM
Quoting mem82:

My hubby refuses to buy Apple anything so I hope there are better Apps.

Most aps aren't designed by apple, but by private companies. The ipad had better screen quality and options which was the o nly reason we went with it but, now tablets are just about the same.
Boobah
by Nikki :) on May. 29, 2012 at 7:48 AM
Wow, that is awesome!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN