Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are all HS moms the same - ito. $, nanny & maid?

Posted by   + Show Post

Poll

Question: Do the sterotypical HS moms have: their own income, a nanny and domestic helper?

Options:

Yes, I have all of these and consider myself a great HS mom

No, I have none of these and consider myself a great HS mom

I have 1 or 2 of these

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 66

View Results

I'm having this discussion with a friend of mine, which has made me really thnk about it - are all HS moms these sacrificial women who have no nanny, no domestic helper and who do not earn their own income - they devote their lives (while kids are at home) to running the home, raising and teaching the kids and doing housework?
What do you do/not  do, have /not have and what do you think the ideal HS mom's life looks like?

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Replies (21-27):
mamabens
by Miranda on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:38 AM

Not all moms are the same so no not all HS moms are the same. I am far from stereotypical though. lol I do not bring in any money, I do not cook, rarely clean, etc. I do teach & take care of my kids every need educational or not. I also drive everywhere...dh can't drive. So I'm a cheuffer .

rebeccasmly
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:42 AM
I have none of these but having a maid would be nice. Or even just someone to do laundry. Forget both of those. A chauffeur to haul them around to all their practices and such. Then I could stay home and take care of the home stuff. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:01 AM

I don't know any moms with a maid, public school or homeschool. LOL

black.eyeliner
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this
I have no help. I keep our home clean, teach five kids, care for my ailing mil, and I am a wahm. I cook six nights a week, bake, garden, and sew. I am tired. I wouldn't want additional help though. That honestly weirds me out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:06 AM

I wouldn't mind a mother's helper, say, for 3 hours a week. Oh, the things I could do with 5 uninterrupted hours. 8)

Strega
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:08 AM
1 mom liked this

I have none of those. I don't know anyone who does either. The House (inside AND out), The Cooking (We only get takeout twice a month), The Homeschooling, etc.. is my responsibility and one that I take pride in. My Husband works, but there have been times when I picked up the ball and got a job when he had lost his.

I've had many people tell me that I should've been a 50s Housewife. I don't see that as a bad thing, personally.

Daisypath - (oQoi)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Summerlion1123
by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:25 AM

I dont have any of that, although lately I dont exactly run the household either lol. Too sick, too much in pain. Pregnancy this time has been hard!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN