Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

App Review - Khan Academy

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM
  • 4 Replies
I believe I am not alone in my love for technology. Our Ipad has completely revolutionized our schooling. My kids are visual learners so most computer programs and apps really help them. Each day i will give my review of one app. Hope it's helpful!

Khan Academy - math, science, finance/economics, humanities

Recommended Ages - 5-college

Costs: Free

Overall Rating - 4 Stars!!

Technical Data: Size 1.9 MB

Description:

This app will answer a lot of HS parents prayers! No more struggling for those teachers who feel uncomfortable with math & science, no panic for those preparing for standardized testing, hear the choir of angels singing for those with visual learners - this is the app for you!! We have long used the website www.khanacademy.org with our boys. And this app coincides with the website. These are mini podcasts. Each video teaches a lesson. They are progressive - starting with elementary number sense and working its way through calculus! I have visual learners - books and worksheets do absolutely nothing but confuse my kids. So khan was an amazing find and it's free!!

The only reason I gave this app a 4 instead of 5 stars, is that there are no practice or interactive worksheets like the website has. The app is strictly the videos. I wish they had access to the practice that is available through the web page.

Happy Learning,
Shannon
http://kickbuttcrazylapbooks.blogspot.com/

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 1, 2012 at 12:58 PM

My oldest loves the website! I have the app but he doesn't like the tablet & so never uses it!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 1, 2012 at 3:34 PM

I can't wait to get to this technology.  Thanks for sharing.  :) 

kittyfaery
by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Thank you for sharing. I have been trying to find educational apps for our ipad. It's why we got it. Some of them have been hit or miss though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:43 AM
I'll have to check this one out! I've never heard of khan academy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN