Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Teaching towards talents or....?

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:43 PM
  • 2 Replies

Which way do you teach your young ones? Towards just talent or a broad spectrum?  Do you have a basic school plan or do you teach according to your child's inclinations and talents?  Also....

What do you consider to be the best way to start teaching for the first time? 

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 2, 2012 at 10:23 AM
Hmm, I think 99% of new Hs'ers would do best with a specific plan at the start. I follow my kids leads, allowing the kids to take the control and choose what to learn. I offer guidance and a learning environment, but the kids are really in the drivers seat.
oredeb
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 11:58 AM

first of all we all do(me reading to them,  arts and crafts, dancing, pounding nails, etc in the beginning ( helps developmental things, cognizant, fine motor, gross motor, speech, etc) - age 1-5 about

then we all move into phonics, math, more indepth handwriting,(with some of them its just math till they were ready for the phonics part)(some started earlier) and just watching them seeing what their interest are -age 3-8

next lang arts is added  and im starting to get the picture of what their talents are, now the unit studies are added- age 8 on all of them

its funny but what we thought the kids would be doing when they were all grown up is what they are doing,  any interest they had we found some way to add it to our homeschooling

what do i consider to be the best way to start teaching for the first time(my opinion and experience) is with arts and crafts, pounding nails, dancing,  ages 1-5, it helps develop so much, makes handwriting easier for the boys ive noticed also,

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)