Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Anyone have older kids you are teaching?

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM
  • 2 Replies

I am coming more and more to the point where most of my kids are of the older variety and I am wondering if any of you moms have older children and what and how you teach them?  I am looking to see what other parents teach in school, how long they are in school.  Maybe find some new websites to utilize? 

Thanks mom's.  :)

by on Jun. 1, 2012 at 11:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
romacox
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2012 at 7:23 AM

If you are talking about high school age, try Dual Enrollment,  which allows children to home school and receive college courses at the same time (I believe on campus or online) . 42 States offer it for free until the child turns 18.  Some of my friends have done this, and it worked out very well for their children..

One friend's son received his college degree early, and was the youngest person to be hired by NASA...his dream career.    

oredeb
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:26 PM

ive taught lots of older kids!hahaha

i graduated some last year and the year before that........................

we still used unit studies, kept with the rod and staff for lang. and saxon for math, used the khan site for math, did lots of experiments for science, they loved real science 4 kids,  disecting(using youtube), making things that blow up(youtube), they learned about economics used various books from there

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)