Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

What games do YOU use to teach your child(ren)?

Posted by   + Show Post

I don't really teach with games perse(sp?),  but I am wondering if I should start using some with my next 2 that I need to start teaching this coming school year. They are definitely high-spirited kids who love to learn very quickly. If it doesn't go fast, they aren't interested in it. 

What games do you utilize when teaching your child(ren)?

by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:55 AM
Replies (11-11):
Danielle163
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 7:04 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting Danielle163:

We play Monopoly, Yahtzee, Hangman Word Play, etc. I'm looking into the games from RRC to teach Geography. We need help in the area.

What is RPC? For geography we have used apps and the kids made lapbooks like travel brochures for the state/country of the week. When my kids were younger (pre-k-2nd grade) I made a monkey out of felt called Mike The Monkey and each week Mike would travel to a new location, the kids had to make the travel arrangements (how would he get from one place to another - boat, car, train, plane, etc), they would also pack his suitcase with clothing appropriate to the climate. Then they would make post cards from the location for Mike to send to our families with little tidbits about the local. They LOVED it, I think we went with it for about a year.

RRC--Rainbow Resource Center

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)