Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

It Came Today!

Posted by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM
  • 6 Replies
1 mom liked this

I'm so excited! We got our letter in the mail today from the Nebraska Department of Education saying that we have been approved to home school for the 2012/13 school year. It didn't need to be in till July 15, but I wanted to be on the ball being that this will be our first year to home school.  Homeschooling here we come!

by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
oredeb
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:06 PM

fantastic!!! wow i didnt know you needed to be approve to hs your own child! 

so what are your plans??? how old are the kid(s)?

Moma3boyz
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:23 PM
Awesome!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
omiestutz29
by on Jun. 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM

Yep, in the state of NE you do. They want to know who all is involved, or attends the home school. Than send in the curriculum you are going to use. Show how many hours you plan to teach each month. It has to add up to 1032 hours for k-7. Get it all notarized.Send in certified copies of their birth certificates.

We are going to start in July, some 'cause we are going to have a new addition in September. My oldest two, to whom I filled out all the paperwork for are 10, and 8 1/2. I also have a 3 year old and an 18 month old. You only have to send in all of the paperwork if they are over 6.  We have all boys, and the one on the way is a boy too. We are using a variety of curriculum. From Math-U-See, to RealScience4Kids. And some other ones. We will see what works best. I am sure about the Math-U-See, for sure. But I am excited to build curriculum that works for my kids.

romacox
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:40 AM

Congratulations.

ACKCES
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 9:43 AM

yay!!  I don't have to file my letter of intent for another year since technically my son isn't old enough for kindergarten yet (although he could have gone if we had chosen that route.)  So we get a "free" year of homeschooling before I have to send in the paperwork! :)  

Homeschool WAHM of 1 wonderful little boy :)
http://Alotta.Scentsy.us
marmy2
by on Jun. 3, 2012 at 11:47 AM

I want to get my letter in soon too. I can not wait to get started ,I am still looking for a curriculum . 

Congratulations!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)