Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Preschool Workbook

Posted by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM
  • 9 Replies

Hi all!

I follow a website called School Sparks, and they have all these great worksheets to supplement our homeschooling routine.  They just came out with a book with all the worksheets. The book is $28, and I puzzled if I should purchase the book and laminate the sheets as we need to use them, or just print them out and laminate at home?

The book has 400+ pages, and that would be a nice amount of ink overtime and then I would have to buy a higher quality cardstock.

Just wondering what you would do?

Thank you.

by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 12:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
oredeb
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:04 PM

hi anayah, how many kids will you be using it for?

just looking at it and its colored ink you would be using,

if your gona laminate for sure , if it was me, id do it as i used them

are you laminating so you can have the kids do the work on them and then wipe them off?

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:20 PM

I would just print as needed even if it cost more because it is better to have only what you want rather then a bunch that you will not use.

gacgbaker
by on Jun. 4, 2012 at 2:40 PM

I'd probably buy the book myself, but it depends on if you are going to be using every worksheet or if you just pick and choose.  

Anayahsmommy
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 12:52 PM
1 mom liked this

We plan on having 3-4 more kids, and possibly watching a child or two, so it will get its use, which is why i am laminating and not making copies of each one.  I purchased the book and it will get delivered today, so I'll be sure to share what I think.  I know there are a lot of free worksheets, but to print it on quality cardstock and colored ink can be pricey.

Thanks for all your replies!

Mommy2Phenley
by Bronze Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:31 PM
3 moms liked this

That many pages, I wouldn't laminate them at all. I'd buy the book then I'd leave them in the book, or else separate and put them in a 3 ring binder. Take a sheet protector and slit it down the side. Then slide the page you're working on into the sheet protector without even having to take it out of the book or binder. Use, wipe clean, move protector to next page. It will take up a lot less room that way, too.

SavvyLondon
by on Jun. 11, 2012 at 4:56 PM

I just discovered this site from your post.  If you don;t mind how old are your kids and how do you like the site?

ColtsFan1912
by Bekah on Jun. 11, 2012 at 8:17 PM

I'd just print them out as you go. I tend to do that a lot.

& I am checking out the site now too. thanks :)

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 11, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Quoting Mommy2Phenley:

That many pages, I wouldn't laminate them at all. I'd buy the book then I'd leave them in the book, or else separate and put them in a 3 ring binder. Take a sheet protector and slit it down the side. Then slide the page you're working on into the sheet protector without even having to take it out of the book or binder. Use, wipe clean, move protector to next page. It will take up a lot less room that way, too.

This is what I was going to say! When I had a workbook that I wanted 4 both kids then I tore the pages out and put them in a 3 ring binder, then we'd take out the page we needed and slip it into a page protector.

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

coala
by Silver Member on Jun. 11, 2012 at 10:23 PM

My MIL has purchased books that I have torn apart and put into page protectors and then put into a 3 ring binder.  I find it easier to do it this way, so that I don't have to do it every time they want to use a page.  As they outgrow what they are using I pull out and replace with more difficult things to keep their minds busy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)