Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Usborne books? Anyone use them with school?

Posted by   + Show Post

I recently got talked into having a party  for them...never again, bad consultant lol. The books however are AWESOME!! I was impressed with what I got. We got several things that  we love!  50 brain games, cards with different puzzles & brain busters & a dry erase marker. The girls fought over whose turn it was to use them! Looks like something we'll be using all summer.  I got my 3 yr old the Wipe clean first letters, it is a dry erase book that has dotted lines to learn to write the letters & also following different shaped lines to get used to the way the letters  flow.  he sat for 15 minutes with the book, dry erase marker, & a towel tracing & erasing! he loves it!!  We also got First 1000 words in spanish, I am impressed & we are going to use it to hopefully learn some spanish this summer. We're going to spend  the  rest of the week labeling everything in the house in Spanish!  Anyway, does anyone use Usborne books ? I definitely will buy more in the future just  will do it through their website & not through the local consultant.

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 9:48 AM
Replies (11-12):
mamabens
by Miranda on Jun. 5, 2012 at 8:51 PM

yeah I used to be an avon lady....only ever sold to my mom & 1 friend. lol

Quoting Boobah:

I'm not good at tht stuff either. Used to be a Tupperware lady, and gave up. Haha!

Quoting mamabens:

I have looked into it but I am NOT a saleperson &  there's no way it would work. lol I would never sell anything because I don't wanna  feel like I'm bothering anyone so I never even say anything to them about  me selling stuff. I'm strange.

Quoting melissaoliver79:

you can become a consultant.. why not look into it..

lucsch
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 11:05 AM
1 mom liked this

I know a lot of people don't like them, but they have always appealed to my daughter. They are a bit of a pain to read aloud because the information is spread all about the pages, but the pictures are gorgeous! We skip some of the information on which we disagree. The internet-linked books are outstanding! Make sure you look at the links. We will be using some of the science and art books for 4th grade. In fact, I think we have used a few each year for science these past 5 years.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)