Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

benefits of homeschooling: is it worth it?

Posted by   + Show Post

I am really considering homeschooling my boys. One is 4 years old and the other is 16 months old. There are a few factors that I am concerned with though....I would like them to get involved in group sports/activities like public/private schools, I would like them to have the opportunity to receive scholarships for college, and I want them to obviously have a social life too. If I know that they would be able to experience all of that then I would not hesitate to homeschool them. I just feel like it would be less pressure on the kids to be homeschooled and they could work at their own pace. Can anyone give me any advice? I just don't know much about homeschooling vs public/private schools and what benefits more over the other. Any information at all would be great! Thank you!

by on Jun. 5, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Replies (11-11):
NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2012 at 10:57 PM

My kids have experienced all of those things and more - dance, karate, little league, football, basketball, show choir, theater, gymnastics, scouts, etc.  They've had (have) incredibly active social lives with real friends they choose to be with, not forced to be with because they happen to be born the same year.  Colleges are seeking out homeschoolers since they usually have a better sense of self, better time management, and more concrete goals.  Scholarships?  Absolutely!  You can google that.  I wouldn't trade homeschooling for the world. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN