Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Weekend plans?

Posted by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
  • 17 Replies
Lazy weekend? Busy? In between?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:01 AM
Besides shipping out some things and cleaning, I don't have any plans.
Dh is taking the oldest to lowes tomorrow for their free workshop. They are building a "monkey powered plane". Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
justme00
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:13 AM
Our weekends are busy right but I love busy lol. Our weekends are wed and thur right now we have bowling on wed and summer movies on thrs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
1NurseMom
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 12:41 AM
My plan for the w/e is to stay dry! The forecast says rain all w/e. :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:49 AM
We actually have a crazy busy weekend this weekend. We had my nephews 18 b-day. It was at this crazy gaming place - they had a DJ and there was laser tag, rock climbing, bumper cars, tea cups, basket ball court, dancing, arcade games, bounce houses, etc. I'm still recovering! This afternoon we are going to my BFFs, her son has a b-day today. Tomorrow I have a client in the morning (personal training) and then we have brunch scheduled.
chotovec82
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 8:56 AM

In between. Today we are going to go to the camp grounds and celebrate my youngest sons 2nd birthday. Tomorrow we will have church and then make up Fridays school lesson since my kids were sick that day. I also have to print out new curriculum for the week to come. The thing that really sucks is how much ink it takes to print out the lessons. I am thinking aobut going to the library mid week and printing this stuff off. It'll be cheaper in the long run; I think...

Tal0n
by Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 9:37 AM
Taking Chibi to JOAD (Junior Olympic Archery Development) here in a few. They switched to outdoors in May (we started last summer) and it's two hours of JOY (not) for me. But it's my turn, and she shoots better when she's with me than with her dad. Dunno why.
starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:15 AM

Nothing much.  The boys had a baseball game (double header) last night.  Yesterday was a pretty busy day.  I had several errands to run.  I had also promised my daughter that I would take her to Burger King so she could play.  I had to go to the cable office and have my cable disconnected. I waited in there I know at least 15-20 minutes! 

DH is working today (at least until around lunch).  I have been straightening up the house and doing laundry.  The boys are out back fishing.  Normally they have to do their chores first, but it is supposed to start raining around lunch and I think it is supposed to rain for the next few days.  So, I decided to let them go and then do their chores when they get back in..I know I'm a softy..lol.

I was hoping to burn some boxes that are in our shed to make more room for storage, but I can't do that until DH gets home and it may be raining by then, but we will see.

Other than that nothing much.  I was hoping that DH would build a few shelves in our closet but I am not going to ask him since he has been working all week and had to work today.  It can wait until next week I guess..

Tomorrow will be church.  Between services I will do at least one load of laundry and we will straighten the house up again!  DirectTv is coming Monday to install their service so we are having to do extra cleaning...lol.

RatherBeReading
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:25 AM

Today I have grocery shopping, and we are taking the kids to an Introduction to Geocaching class at a local state park. I think they would love doing it :) Tomorrow is church and hopefully going through this mountain of *clean* laundry and getting it folded and put away. I am starting to think I need a maid solely for laundry purposes lol. 

RatherBeReading
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:30 AM

Quoting Boobah:

Besides shipping out some things and cleaning, I don't have any plans.
Dh is taking the oldest to lowes tomorrow for their free workshop. They are building a "monkey powered plane". Lol

I need to look into this....we really love the free Home Depot workshops.

borgen0128
by on Jun. 9, 2012 at 10:51 AM
Yesterday we went to a buffalo farm with our homeschool group; it was great! It had a one room schoolhouse, a museum of old tools, and tons of animals-- we even had the option of riding a horse!

Today we will do some school and go to a splashpad with friends. I will also be making gravadlax for the first time!

Tomorrow will be the beach or grandmas--if I am lucky, it will also include a nap.

Have a great weekend!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)