Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ugh grrrr I need some tech help...

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:28 PM
  • 5 Replies

I know .. I know this is a homeschool group but I dont know where else to try and get help. Our old desk top finally died today. Went and got one by my self ( 1st mistake) and came home with one of the new high tech gaget all in one desk top. Now all my pages have small writing and are not even set right. I got on page where the website only takes up 1/2 the page... I tried and asked everthing.. Is there any techy people here..

frustratedbanging head into wallgoing crazy

by on Jun. 13, 2012 at 9:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2012 at 10:31 PM
1 mom liked this

My husband says that you can "magnify" a website by pressing and holding the CTRL key while moving the mouse wheel up or down. Or, if you don't have a mouse with a scroll button, you can press and hold the CTRL button while tapping the + or - key. Hope this helps!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 14, 2012 at 10:44 AM

I hope that helped.

oredeb
by debbie on Jun. 14, 2012 at 12:15 PM

what mem said!!! or that percentage button thingy down by the date and time in the bottom right corner maybe?

what kinds comp is it melissa? call the place where you got it and have them come show you how to use it!! hahahahaha

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Did you get it fixed?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 16, 2012 at 5:52 PM

You need to right click the desktop and then click on properties then click on apperance. At the bottom left side is a place where you can change the font size from normal to extra large. Click the one you want and then click apply then okay. That will change the font size on your computer. Then, if that isn't enough, you can do what debbie said and click on the place at the bottom of your window and click on the number percent and you can change the view of you whole page to even bigger if need be. I caution you about this as it will make you have to scroll back and forth. But this should help fix your letter size and you page view.  If you only need it for a short time and do not want to change things that much, just do what mem's husband suggests. That works quite well too.  :)    Hope we have helped you.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)