Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Are you 'outdoors-y'?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM
  • 25 Replies

Are you more happy inside with the AC?

by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
oredeb
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

im an outdoors person, as long as the temp isnt over 80 degrees, but once it hits that i seek the cold and shade! id rather sit on the beach with the wind blowing and 65 degrees, than lay out in the sun on the beach at 70

Aleshad01
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:51 PM

Right now I am a indoor person since I'm pregnant and its in the 90's.  :)

mamabens
by Miranda on Jun. 15, 2012 at 1:56 PM
1 mom liked this

I hate the outdoors & am happy inside in the ac. My motto is "fat chicks & hot weather do NOT mix", but I go outside as often as possible for my kids. (I don't allow them outside alone so I go out with them)

Saraho5
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this
While I love and appreciate the a/c, I LOVE LOVE LOVE being outside!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:14 PM
Indoors when it's over 89 degrees out. I can handle super hot low humidity very well, but here in Indiana low humidity doesn't happen!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinx-Troublex3
by Jinx on Jun. 15, 2012 at 3:48 PM
2 moms liked this

I LOVE the outdoors. If where we lived wasn't so windy we would school outdoors most of the time.

I loe taking the kids hiking, swimming, to the park, the pool, anywhere without a roof! Even in the summer when it's over 100* I love to be outside.

I spend a lot of the time walking my dog in the evenings in summer because my dog (thick coated german shepherd) can't handle the heat and I love to be out with her.

I really aprreciate the a/c for sleeping though. I hate sleeping when it's hot. I love to snuggle under my blankets!

Jinx - Homeschooling Scout & Karate butt-kicking  Mom to Star Scout Ian 1/98, Scout Sean 9/00, Brownie Heidi 4/03. Police wife to Joe and Alpha to my fur baby German Shepherd Spazz.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 15, 2012 at 4:19 PM
I'm an AC girl. I don't like bugs. With my vascular disease, I can't be very active, so if we do something outside I have to sit around with a book. But I've never been very outdoors-y.
borgen0128
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this
I love the outdoors! We spend most of day outside gardening, swimming, walking, etc.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
awilliams77
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Only when necessary. In the car on the way to Cherokee NC to stay in a cabin at a KOA cabin for 2 nights as a family for father'd day and dh's bday. There will be a hike to a waterfall and grilled dinner. However, we will be sleeping indoors, on beds, with electicity and wifi. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 15, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this

For me, its an awesome place when its under 75 or 80 degrees out.  Anything higher and I have to be in because I get heatsickness.  And Jynx, I love the a/c for that night time snuggling too.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN