Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Work?

Posted by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM
  • 9 Replies
Do any of u ladies homeschool while also working outside the home? I may be finding myself in a single mom situation soon and need to work. I'm looking for ideas for jobs that wouldbe flexible hours and ideas of what to do with my kids while i'm working
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:17 PM
I haven't but I know women that do. Praying for your family!
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I don't work outside the home either. Have you tried looking in your local trader paper?  Maybe even put up a bulletin in your local grocery store asking about jobs?  Definitely will be praying for you and your family.  :)   **Hugs**

oredeb
by on Jun. 15, 2012 at 7:45 PM

i use to be a single mom, who had to work and homeschool, did it for about 10 years

i cleaned houses, canned for people, chopped wood for elderly people, sold vegetables out of my garden, made jewelry to sell, herb contoctions, plants, homeschool peoples kids,

NYCitymomx3
by Bronze Member on Jun. 15, 2012 at 10:21 PM

I work 20 hrs a week (5pm-9pm 5 days/week) for the cable company.  It's great.

romacox
by Silver Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:40 AM

I am a tutor,  Make Money On Line. grew a large garden, and raised rabbits and chickens. Some people do medical billing.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 16, 2012 at 7:58 AM
I'm sorry things are so stressful right now. Until the last year I always worked outside the home. Now I do, but it is limited to about 2 hours per week. I'm a personal trainer and I offer private tutoring in ASL and teach baby sign through a local hospital. I liked working at a local gym, because they had the daycare right there, so the kids came with me. Maybe if you get a job at some kind of daycare?

Hugs & Good Luck!!
Moma3boyz
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 9:37 AM
I work at a daycare 20 hours a week. Where I work I can take the kids with me and don't have to pay got them to go. You might look into that our into another family friendly spot that you could take the kiddos to. We have a couple places in our town where the kids go to work with their mom or dad, mostly gift shops and the vets office.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:05 AM
I work from home, kind of. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maridel
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:00 PM
Thanks for the ideas everyone. I'm going to look into the daycares. Thats what I used to do before I had them anyway. I just thought they wouldn't let my scool age daughter come with me. But maybe the after school hours.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)