Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

I've been a little busy... ;)

Posted by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM
  • 7 Replies
Miss Kayla has kept me busy. :) she is 6 days old now! Nursing great, such a good sweet baby. Having lots of issues with my 3 year old and I'm going a little crazy. Lol! Hubby just took her and the oldest to my moms for the day so we can get some rest. Thank goodness for moms :)
Usually I can cuddle up and sleep an hour or two with k but last night I think her belly hurt. So today I am exhausted! Enjoying some cuddle time now so please excuse typos and run ons. Lol :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
oredeb
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:30 AM

awwwwww glad your mom took the girls! rest!!! what do the girls think of kayla?

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Aw, it will get easier. Going from 2 to 3 is probably the hardest transition.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM
They love her enormously. Chels is a bit aggressive with her love. Always wanting to touch, poke, and kiss. She kind of uses kissing as a form of mean-ness (word?) and defiance. She has been REALLY defiant. You can't get the first hand away before her second hand is up doing something she shouldn't. Really, this has been the hardest part.

Quoting oredeb:

awwwwww glad your mom took the girls! rest!!! what do the girls think of kayla?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM

It is good to see you back! It is an adjustment but I bet your 3y/o will come around!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 16, 2012 at 11:57 AM

Awww. Thank goodness for grandmas.  My now 6 yr old, was the same when he was 3 and I had my youngest. So was my now 16 yr old.  They had such a hard time adjusting as I had had a difficult pregnancy and then an even greater difficult labour.  But after some time, they both knew that this was just for a period of time and not forever.  Now, 3 yrs later, they are both so protective of her.   It just takes time and lots and lots of repetiveness of no and giving lots and lots of smiles and hugs and words of encouragement.    I'll bet if you have your 3 yr old be a *helper* in getting some of the things you need for kayla, like the diapers, wipes, any baby towels,  that that would go a long way towards helping them to feel better.  

Anyhow. it is so nice to see you back.  :)     

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 16, 2012 at 12:43 PM
1 mom liked this
Yes, our 3 yo loves to help for sure! She has to be occupied every second, and I am being literal. Lol! Thank you for the kind words :)

Quoting kirbymom:

Awww. Thank goodness for grandmas.  My now 6 yr old, was the same when he was 3 and I had my youngest. So was my now 16 yr old.  They had such a hard time adjusting as I had had a difficult pregnancy and then an even greater difficult labour.  But after some time, they both knew that this was just for a period of time and not forever.  Now, 3 yrs later, they are both so protective of her.   It just takes time and lots and lots of repetiveness of no and giving lots and lots of smiles and hugs and words of encouragement.    I'll bet if you have your 3 yr old be a *helper* in getting some of the things you need for kayla, like the diapers, wipes, any baby towels,  that that would go a long way towards helping them to feel better.  

Anyhow. it is so nice to see you back.  :)     

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gumberly
by on Jun. 16, 2012 at 1:09 PM
Oh I so miss the cuddles, you lucky girl you.
I had newborn twins and a 2 1/2 year old. I was lucky because my older DS wasn't all that interested in the babies. He would love them and he liked to bring me stuff for them but beyond that he was kind of indifferent.
My problems didnt start until they could move around and get into his stuff then it was world war 3 in my house lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN