Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Anything exciting? Isn't today the first day of spring or something?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 8:45 AM
Replies (41-44):
victorianmom55
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:28 PM
1 mom liked this

I did have a brain snack...and still didn't get to the plans....there is always tomorrow

Quoting kirbymom:

That sounds pretty thought provokiing.  Also takes a lot of energy so you should make sure you have a brain snack to keep you pumped up.  :)

Quoting victorianmom55:

My to-do list happens after I have lunch with three friends...although I do have Michaela looking at an on-line high school to see if it is something she would like to do. It is also called sticker shock...LOL

I also have to do up a business plan and mission statement for a possible business idea I have. Got to put my degrees to work..lol

Shari, wife to John 4/88, mom to Heather 1/77,Nyssa 4/89, Michaela 8/94

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:35 PM
Oh wow! I'd get a second opinion incase the first was right, kwim? So scary! I'm glad you got to spend time with him though!

Quoting mynameismuerte:

It wasn't supposed to be like this. My parents came to visit and on their 3rd day here (a Sunday) my dad had trouble breathing so we took him to he ER. He was admitted, diagnosed with congestive heart failure and then moved to a different hopital.

That Friday they did a heart cath on him and told us his main was 100% blocked and they would be performing a very high risk procedure on him in a few days and if that didn't work he'd need a transplant.

That was a long, horrible weekend. My brother flew himself, his wife, my sister and her 2 kids up here to make sure they could spend time with him in case something happened during this risky procedure.

Monday morning a team of cardiologists went over his case and came to the conclusion that his main is not blocked and because of where the blockage is at they believe medicine, diet and exercise will be adequate.

While we are ecstatic that my dad is okay we were furious we were allowed to spend 3 days thinking he may be on his way out. So on Tuesday, instead of him going through this procedure we spent he day here at my house. It was a great day.

Now I've got my sister and her son until Sunday and my niece will go back with my parents at the end of next week.

June has been downright crazy.

Quoting kirbymom:

Wow.  Even if your not full of things to do, you still have a plateful with just family being  there.  Hope your soon wins his game.  And Good Luck with your speech therapist.

Quoting mynameismuerte:

The speech therapist is here right now for our 2 year old. The oldest has a baseball game tonight. Other than that my house is just full. My parents, sister, niece and nephew are in town. The kids will probably play in the sprinkler later since it is so blasted hot.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 21, 2012 at 5:57 PM

Thank Goodness too, otherwise there would be a lot of plans left undone.  lol  :)

Quoting victorianmom55:

I did have a brain snack...and still didn't get to the plans....there is always tomorrow

Quoting kirbymom:

That sounds pretty thought provokiing.  Also takes a lot of energy so you should make sure you have a brain snack to keep you pumped up.  :)

Quoting victorianmom55:

My to-do list happens after I have lunch with three friends...although I do have Michaela looking at an on-line high school to see if it is something she would like to do. It is also called sticker shock...LOL

I also have to do up a business plan and mission statement for a possible business idea I have. Got to put my degrees to work..lol

victorianmom55
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 6:34 PM

LOL so very true

Quoting kirbymom:

Thank Goodness too, otherwise there would be a lot of plans left undone.  lol  :)

Quoting victorianmom55:

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting victorianmom55:

Shari, wife to John 4/88, mom to Heather 1/77,Nyssa 4/89, Michaela 8/94

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN