Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

"First Day of School" book?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM
  • 7 Replies

I know there are plenty of children's books out there to help prepare for the first day of school. I was wondering if any of you know of any books out there for first day of *homeschooling*. I don't think a book about a teacher & classmates will be helpful to my daughter! LOL!

Join me in these great groups:
February 2009 Toddlers (Owner), First Time Moms (Owner),
Love & Marriage (Mod)

by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
IreneCarroll
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 10:55 AM
bump

Lynette
by Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:12 AM
1 mom liked this

those bks are written to help put fears to rest for kids.  Homeschooled kids are not scared.  But something fun you could do is make your own bk that first day with her.  Take pictures throughout that first day of the things you do, and then put them together.  Ask her what she was doing in the pictures to put captions on your day.  On the cover you put a title, author etc.  This could be something you put on construction paper. 

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:22 AM
1 mom liked this

May be you could write one yourself! There are sites that let you make books in e-book form or to have printed & mailed to you!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:25 AM

What age is your daugter?

MomToovey
by on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM

She's 3. I'll begin homeschooling her through her preschool years beginning this fall. If we are still living in FL by the time she's ready for kindergarten, I'll continue homeschooling into elementary :)

I know it's not a necessity, she just really loves books and I thought this would be a fun way to prepare and help her transition from home = play to home = school.

I love the idea of writing a book myself! Thank you all for the suggestions!

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:39 AM
1 mom liked this

I don't know, but it's a good idea. I have to keep watch on all the 'back to school' specials on TV because I don't want my soon to be 3 year old confused about not going to Pre K. It would also help them understand 'Teacher Mommy' mode and why she does need to try. My son would have benefited from something like that..

TigerofMu
by Bronze Member on Jun. 21, 2012 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I always read "Oh! The Places You'll Go!" to my class, and now I read it with my kids.  We just talk about how important it is to always do the best you can and not get caught in "the waiting".  We also read a chapter of Proverbs every day, and there is usually something that directly relates to any topic!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN