Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

If my kids would just let me do it for them it would come out 'right'!

Posted by   + Show Post

See this is where I fail. We're making that newspaper fort and of course, all the kids want to get in on the action and help. Their ideas are HUGE and most likely not realistic, but they just keep trying until something comes together. I try to hold onto my temper. If they would just get out of my way, I could make them the best fort that has ever sprang from a mother's mind. The problem is, my sons want the best fort that has ever sprang from their own minds and I'm in their way. LOL They came, they saw, they took over and suddenly my neat and tidy fort is a spaceship/house that is not that sturdy.

BUT THAT"S OKAY! That's what I have to tell the perfectionist in my head. Yes, I was the one who started making it, but I'm 29 years old. I should just let them have at it. If I made it my way, then it would be mine, not theirs.

*Oh and Nikki is screaming ontop of everything else.

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:00 PM
Replies (11-13):
bether89
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:49 PM

I have the same problem.  I want to jump in and do it my way.  Letting the kids do it and learn from their mistakes can be so hard.

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Lol you sound like me! It is hard letting go and letting them be creative and learn..it drive me up a wall!
Mine take turns helping do the dishes and some days it is all I can do to keep from snatching the sponge out of their hands and sending them away. Lol but it will pay off eventually.
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:38 PM
1 mom liked this

Oy! My son picking up his Legos, piece by piece by piece. AAAAAHHHH I want to shout, 'Nevermind I'lldo it and when you grow up, you better find a wife that will do it for you, too!' LOL

Quoting tiredmomfor2:

Lol you sound like me! It is hard letting go and letting them be creative and learn..it drive me up a wall!
Mine take turns helping do the dishes and some days it is all I can do to keep from snatching the sponge out of their hands and sending them away. Lol but it will pay off eventually.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN