Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any other moms who just finished their first year of homeschooling?

Posted by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:26 PM
  • 16 Replies

Anyone just finish or about to finish their first year of homeschooling?  How did it go?  We are just finishing up and I feel bad that my first child was kinda like my guinea pig lol.  Tried ideas and curriculum, threw some of them out, tried new ones, threw those out, tried to be organized, threw that out....but loving it more now then ever!  :)

by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
celestegood
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 7:28 PM

LOL yeah, they always say the first year you mess something up.

We love it.

momof030404
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 8:10 PM

I am starting NEXT year and am SOOO excited!!! I want to read what newbies have to say here :)

oredeb
by debbie on Jun. 22, 2012 at 8:50 PM

hahahah i finsihed my first year 28 years ago, yea that first year they are guinea pigs!!hahaha mine survived! shes 32 now!hahaha

bellableu87
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Yup we just did. I have a 4 and a 5 year old so we just HS Pre-school the both of them. DS who is 4 is a little advanced and DD is right on track. So we will be moving forward doing kindergarden together next year. We all just went with the flow and took it easy but they learned so much! Next year we will have to be a little more formal but we are looking forward to it :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamabens
by Miranda on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:46 AM

We jsut finished our first full year. We did a few months  the year before. It went good. Gearing up for adding a preschooler tot he  school day this fall...:/

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:19 PM

This was my first year too. It wasn't bad but I learned a lot about how we aren't going to be doing things. Hopefully next year will run smoother. I will be throwing an 18 month old into the mix though instead of a newborn, so we shall see.

bluerooffarm
by Gold Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 2:26 PM

Did my first half year.  Looking forward to next year and "adding" my 5 year old as a "true" kindergartener next Sept!  This year I'll have a better handle on oranization LOL!

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 24, 2012 at 12:14 PM
Lol, I always said the first 3 years were all about experimentation. Lol but that was several years ago now. The first year, if memory serves, was filled with worry and stress - I was so worried about doing something Wrong. It took a little bit before I realized there really was no right nor wrong, and every child learns differently.
marmy2
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:07 PM

This will be my first year . I am scared too!! what did you use so I do not have to throw it out?

sandy

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 24, 2012 at 1:17 PM
We just finished our first year - first grade. Talk about a crazy year. We had so much thrown at us, mainly a very rough on me pregnancy which made it difficult to get anything done! I was exhausted and sick all the time. We also lost our school room, which made everything difficult because I'm an organization freak and having everything in several different rooms made me batty. I've still got to come up with a plan for the fall for how we will organize. I can't do it this way again.
Now we have a newborn, so we will see what that brings for us. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)