Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Mama Confessions

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:03 AM
  • 28 Replies
2 moms liked this
Ok, ok, I (grudgingly, and after much painful torture) admit that I am not perfect.. In fact, I'm pretty far from perfect. I'll suck in a deep breath, and admit to some of my..er..less perfect things:

1) I never remember to mail out birthday party initiations. Shoot, my oldest is going to be 11 in a month and I don't think I have EVER sent an actual paper invitation. Heck sometimes I don't remember to plan the darn thing until a week before!

2) we have totally re-gifted. Especially gift cards. I don't really have the best car (or money for gas) so a gift card to a toy store that is 40 minutes away sat in my purse for 4 months,,,,until we came to a friends birthday party where we had no gift. In fact, I have to search my house for a recycle gift for a party tomorrow!

3) I don't always change out of my pj's...alright, I don't always shower either.

4) I swear like a truck driver. Is it sad that my kids learned early to ask if such-n-such a word was a "mommy - daddy word?" lol

So, in case you are unaware, confession is good for the soul. It's supposed to be a relief, like pounds being lifted from your shoulders. I'm hoping to have lost a good 20 lbs......still waiting...oh, darn, guess that's not literal. Grr..

So, confess, what are your mommy oops?

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:28 AM

Quoting KickButtMama:

Ok, ok, I (grudgingly, and after much painful torture) admit that I am not perfect.. In fact, I'm pretty far from perfect. I'll suck in a deep breath, and admit to some of my..er..less perfect things:

1) I never remember to mail out birthday party initiations. Shoot, my oldest is going to be 11 in a month and I don't think I have EVER sent an actual paper invitation. Heck sometimes I don't remember to plan the darn thing until a week before!  We don't have parties where other people are invited !

2) we have totally re-gifted. Especially gift cards. I don't really have the best car (or money for gas) so a gift card to a toy store that is 40 minutes away sat in my purse for 4 months,,,,until we came to a friends birthday party where we had no gift. In fact, I have to search my house for a recycle gift for a party tomorrow!  I have re-gifted!

3) I don't always change out of my pj's...alright, I don't always shower either.  I am right there with you,  sometimes I feel guilty that I was in my PJ's all day that right before Hubby gets home I change my clothes so he doesn't know I was in my PJ's all day!

4) I swear like a truck driver. Is it sad that my kids learned early to ask if such-n-such a word was a "mommy - daddy word?" lol This is us too!  Dose it help if I point out that my hubby works around truck drivers all day  &  that My Dad did too, So I have grown up with all that swearing!

So, in case you are unaware, confession is good for the soul. It's supposed to be a relief, like pounds being lifted from your shoulders. I'm hoping to have lost a good 20 lbs......still waiting...oh, darn, guess that's not literal. Grr..  I wish that where true I could loss about 20 - 50 lbs.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:42 AM

Quoting KickButtMama:

Ok, ok, I (grudgingly, and after much painful torture) admit that I am not perfect.. In fact, I'm pretty far from perfect. I'll suck in a deep breath, and admit to some of my..er..less perfect things: ~~ Same here!

1) I never remember to mail out birthday party initiations. Shoot, my oldest is going to be 11 in a month and I don't think I have EVER sent an actual paper invitation. Heck sometimes I don't remember to plan the darn thing until a week before!  ~~  We don't either. We just buy a gift and a cake.

2) we have totally re-gifted. Especially gift cards. I don't really have the best car (or money for gas) so a gift card to a toy store that is 40 minutes away sat in my purse for 4 months,,,,until we came to a friends birthday party where we had no gift. In fact, I have to search my house for a recycle gift for a party tomorrow!  ~~  lol I have had to make my own, johnny on the spot, because I can't remember until the last minute.

3) I don't always change out of my pj's...alright, I don't always shower either. ~~  SAME HERE!!

4) I swear like a truck driver. Is it sad that my kids learned early to ask if such-n-such a word was a "mommy - daddy word?" lol  ~~  I have had some words slip out my mouth that are not kid friendly. :(  I never used to have that problem unti we stayed with my BIL. He cusses worse than any trucker too. 

So, in case you are unaware, confession is good for the soul. It's supposed to be a relief, like pounds being lifted from your shoulders. I'm hoping to have lost a good 20 lbs......still waiting...oh, darn, guess that's not literal. Grr..  ~~  Are you sure about this? 

So, confess, what are your mommy oops?  ~~ Too many to state.  lol 

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Quoting kirbymom:

Hmm, maybe the weight thing is true?! I could just be feeling 'puffy' from the heat....yeah...I think I'll stick with that!

Another confession...while we are on the topic of weight. Apparently I complained about my size so much that my youngest, when he was about 3 said he needed to go on a diet. He said it because my dad would always blow raspberries on his tummy. So my then toddler explained to me he needed to lose his 'belly.' boy was that a wake-up call!

And I feel waaay less guilty on the birthday thing now! Lol

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

Precious333
by Silver Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:48 AM

1. I eat sweets behind my children's back

2. sometimes at night I'm too tired to brush my teeth before bed ( I know BIG no-no!)

3. sometimes I purposefully forget an item at the store because I don't want DH to have it (like junk food)

4. I have letthe kids stay in the PJ all day before (even when they weren't sick).

5. I don't send out bday card invitations either...infact I dont' buy wrapping paper or cards (we wrap with regular paper and decorate it because I dont' want to spend the extra money to do so).

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 23, 2012 at 11:50 AM
Quoting Precious333:

2. sometimes at night I'm too tired to brush my teeth before bed ( I know BIG no-no!)

3. sometimes I purposefully forget an item at the store because I don't want DH to have it (like junk food)

4. I have letthe kids stay in the PJ all day before (even when they weren't sick).

5. I don't send out bday card invitations either...infact I dont' buy wrapping paper or cards (we wrap with regular paper and decorate it because I dont' want to spend the extra money to do so).

Darn it, now my list is getting longer, I do all that too!
kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

Quoting kirbymom:

Hmm, maybe the weight thing is true?! I could just be feeling 'puffy' from the heat....yeah...I think I'll stick with that! ~~  Awesome. We shal be loosing weight reall soon then.  lol

Another confession...while we are on the topic of weight. Apparently I complained about my size so much that my youngest, when he was about 3 said he needed to go on a diet. He said it because my dad would always blow raspberries on his tummy. So my then toddler explained to me he needed to lose his 'belly.' boy was that a wake-up call! ~~ I have had that happen to me with 2 of my kids. That's why I am on my journey of walking at least 20 minutes every morning.

And I feel waaay less guilty on the birthday thing now! Lol  ~~ Good.!

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:23 PM

I do all but # 3.   The first one I have to though because of my blood sugar. I have to have a certain amount of sugar for obvious reasons.  :)

Quoting Precious333:

Dawn07
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Lol, I do the birthday thing to. In fact dd's birthday is this coming thursday. We're having her birthday on saturday and I just sent out invites on fb and text messages. I still don't have the birthday completely planned either.

victorianmom55
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:15 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

Oh darn you caught me......I am not perfect......

1) I never remember to mail out birthday party initiations. Shoot, my oldest is going to be 11 in a month and I don't think I have EVER sent an actual paper invitation. Heck sometimes I don't remember to plan the darn thing until a week before! We gave up on birthday parties, years ago when people would say they were coming and not show up.

2) we have totally re-gifted. Especially gift cards. I don't really have the best car (or money for gas) so a gift card to a toy store that is 40 minutes away sat in my purse for 4 months,,,,until we came to a friends birthday party where we had no gift. In fact, I have to search my house for a recycle gift for a party tomorrow! I purchase birthday cards for family and friends after Christmas for the year...then just mail them, No giftcards or gifts

3) I don't always change out of my pj's...alright, I don't always shower either. When I don't have to go anywhere I stay in my pj's all day, I do shower though every other day....and put clean pj's on..lol

4) I swear like a truck driver. Is it sad that my kids learned early to ask if such-n-such a word was a "mommy - daddy word?" lol I don't swear like a truck driver, but I do slip now and then.

So, in case you are unaware, confession is good for the soul. It's supposed to be a relief, like pounds being lifted from your shoulders. I'm hoping to have lost a good 20 lbs......still waiting...oh, darn, guess that's not literal. Grr..

I know I will come up with more later...lol

Shari, wife to John 4/88, mom to Heather 1/77,Nyssa 4/89, Michaela 8/94

starbeck96
by Bronze Member on Jun. 23, 2012 at 3:26 PM

Quoting Precious333:

You sound just like me on all of this!  lol. 

Here are my cofessions:

1.  I holler at my kids!!  I have really been working on this alot!  I have gotten better, but sometimes dealing with twin boys teenage hormones and then a very indepedent and feisty 5 year old gets the better of me...lol.

2.  I also regift!

3.  I use Christmas wrapping paper (that I buy on clearance) to wrap Birthday presents..I just turn it inside out.  Then I let DD decorate it!

4.  I never buy bday cards because I know kids are not interested in the cards and I'm too cheap to spend money on a card that no one cares about..lol.   Instead, we always make them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)