Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms
Ok, ok, I (grudgingly, and after much painful torture) admit that I am not perfect.. In fact, I'm pretty far from perfect. I'll suck in a deep breath, and admit to some of my..er..less perfect things:

1) I never remember to mail out birthday party initiations. Shoot, my oldest is going to be 11 in a month and I don't think I have EVER sent an actual paper invitation. Heck sometimes I don't remember to plan the darn thing until a week before!

2) we have totally re-gifted. Especially gift cards. I don't really have the best car (or money for gas) so a gift card to a toy store that is 40 minutes away sat in my purse for 4 months,,,,until we came to a friends birthday party where we had no gift. In fact, I have to search my house for a recycle gift for a party tomorrow!

3) I don't always change out of my pj's...alright, I don't always shower either.

4) I swear like a truck driver. Is it sad that my kids learned early to ask if such-n-such a word was a "mommy - daddy word?" lol

So, in case you are unaware, confession is good for the soul. It's supposed to be a relief, like pounds being lifted from your shoulders. I'm hoping to have lost a good 20 lbs......still waiting...oh, darn, guess that's not literal. Grr..

So, confess, what are your mommy oops?

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 8:03 AM
Replies (21-28):
5AkerWood
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:00 PM

I totally do this. DH says he can't understand how anybody could do this. Of course, he thinks I am "going to the bathroom." It's the only chance I get for "Me Time." LOLbig smile mini

Quoting mem82:

I've been known to 'go to the bathroom' for 30 or 40 minutes. LOL What I don't tell the kids is that I'm sitting on the bathtub ledge reading a book.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM

LOL I bet my kids are shocked about how long I can be in there as long as no one is crying. heheheh

Quoting 5AkerWood:

I totally do this. DH says he can't understand how anybody could do this. Of course, he thinks I am "going to the bathroom." It's the only chance I get for "Me Time." LOLbig smile mini

Quoting mem82:

I've been known to 'go to the bathroom' for 30 or 40 minutes. LOL What I don't tell the kids is that I'm sitting on the bathtub ledge reading a book.

bether89
by Bronze Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 4:50 PM

1.  I am not very organized.  I lose things, especially my keys, all the time.

2.  I have hidden sweets from my kids and eaten them after they went to bed.

3.  I have some baby weight that I am still trying to lose and my baby is 3 years old.

mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 5:05 PM

LOL I hear you on all of these! 8)

Quoting bether89:

1.  I am not very organized.  I lose things, especially my keys, all the time.

2.  I have hidden sweets from my kids and eaten them after they went to bed.

3.  I have some baby weight that I am still trying to lose and my baby is 3 years old.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:42 PM
Quoting mem82:

Shoot I have 'baby weight' to lose and my baby is 8 y/o! Lol
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Quoting mem82:

I hide in there w/ the MP3 so I don't feel guilty if someone cries..lol..
tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:18 PM
I think the pajama thing is a right of passage thing for us homeschool moms. :) it is a privilege! Lol especially if they are cute jammies. ;) I like to fool people because we run a business out of our house and I have to answer the door sometimes..I wear a t shirt and yoga pants to bed and it looks like I got up and got dressed. Ok not entirely..but atleast I'm not getting caught by customers at 6:30 in the morning in real jammies.
1- I am not your typical sunshine and roses homeschool mom..I do not go into it all cheery and fun. Its not just me. Life isn't that way, so I tell myself I am saving my kids the disappointment later in life.
2-some mornings I get so busy that it is 2 pm before I realize I have not showered or brushed my teeth. Eww! (I recently had another homeschool mom confess this to me, so now I dont feel so bad)
3 I watch shows with bad language in them when my kids are around and just use the bad words as teaching moments to tell my kids they are bad.
4- I sometimes hide in the bathroom and eat chocolate ice cream, or cake, or cookie dough
5- I am a very down to earth no frills kind of person, but I watch all of those fluffy/dramas...like secret life of the american teenager, pretty little liars, greys anatomy...etc. I cant get enough of them. I dont tell many people, because it is not in my personality to watch them. Lol

tiredmomfor2
by **Lyndsay** on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting Precious333:

1. I eat sweets behind my children's back

2. sometimes at night I'm too tired to brush my teeth before bed ( I know BIG no-no!)

3. sometimes I purposefully forget an item at the store because I don't want DH to have it (like junk food)

4. I have letthe kids stay in the PJ all day before (even when they weren't sick).

5. I don't send out bday card invitations either...infact I dont' buy wrapping paper or cards (we wrap with regular paper and decorate it because I dont' want to spend the extra money to do so).

I do the teeth brushing thing too. Actually I do all the things you mentioned. Lol
I actually bribed my son by telling him I would spend a few extra more dollars on his b day gift if I didnt have to wrap it in wrapping paper. He was all over that! Lol
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)