Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Hi everywone im new to homeschooling

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:16 PM
  • 6 Replies

so my son is 4 daughter is almost 2 and im homeschoolign him right now for pre k nto srue if im going  to continue i would like to but due to possibly having to get a job when my youngest is 5 i prob cant so i really dont know what to do i want to do whats best for my children but kind of in a bid here another thing im haivng problems with is my daughter. When im teaching my son she is such a distraction would love ideas on how to deal with this my husband works nights so he sleeps during the day so i cant just put her in a play pen and let her cry it out any ideas would be awesom i also need direction in homeschoolign i really feel a passion for this but kinda lost lol would love all the help

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 23, 2012 at 12:56 PM
Welcome! My advice is to do projects both kids can do together. There needn't be a lot of quiet sittdown learning w/ a 4 y/o.
oredeb
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:02 PM

hi welch, as shannon was saying, include your daughter in your sons learning, they can learn together, give her some crayons and a large piece of paper, while you do things with son, but keep her right there so she'll be part of what your doing, sure hope you can continue homeschooling

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 23, 2012 at 1:49 PM

Hi welch. Nice to meet you.  :) 

Yep. Keep her close by and direct some of your comments towards her so she feels like she is being schooled too.  You could also get a book on both their levels and read to them then have your son take over the reading. While that is happening, maybe you could make a scrap sheet of letters and or shapes. They can do it together.  And I too hope you can continue to homeschool. 

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 23, 2012 at 5:04 PM

Welcome & I agree with the others!

romacox
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:36 AM

Following  is an article written by a home school mom. She describes how she handles:

How To Home School With A Baby Or Toddler (& Enjoy It)

Welch41407
by on Jun. 28, 2012 at 1:32 AM

thank you so much guys will do some of the ideas yall mentioned

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN