Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

Inspiration

Posted by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM
  • 13 Replies

How do you teach inspiration to your kid(s)?  Do you read stories on inspiration?  Do you have them write something about who or what is an ispiration to them? Or,  maybe you watch a movie that is all about inspiration? 

Do you find inspiration is easy to teach or more difficult?

by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 5:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moma3boyz
by on Jun. 23, 2012 at 10:27 PM
I dont know if this will answer you question ot not, but I will talk to them about what different people have done to help others like Mother Theresa or if there is some story on the news that is good then we will discuss it. When they tell me they like something they have seen then we will look at who came up with the idea and why.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:20 AM
Hmmm, I'm not sure that I've ever taught inspiration specifically. For the most part I'm goal oriented so I teach my boys to write short and long term goals. This is sort of a way of finding inspiration within yourself.

I Once wrote an article on my favorite books for finding inspiration within - http://voices.yahoo.com/top-10-works-finding-inspiration-motivation-1300971.html?cat=72
romacox
by Silver Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 10:31 AM
1 mom liked this

If I am inspired, that seems to convey.  If I am bored that also seems to convey.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:20 PM

Yep. This is what I was asking about.  Discussion is always a great place to teach from.

I also have had them look up the word in the dictionary and write down the definition, then, I have them write a sentence using the word in its correct form.  

Quoting Moma3boyz:

I dont know if this will answer you question ot not, but I will talk to them about what different people have done to help others like Mother Theresa or if there is some story on the news that is good then we will discuss it. When they tell me they like something they have seen then we will look at who came up with the idea and why.

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 24, 2012 at 7:54 PM

Quoting KickButtMama:

Hmmm, I'm not sure that I've ever taught inspiration specifically. For the most part I'm goal oriented so I teach my boys to write short and long term goals. This is sort of a way of finding inspiration within yourself.

I Once wrote an article on my favorite books for finding inspiration within - http://voices.yahoo.com/top-10-works-finding-inspiration-motivation-1300971.html?cat=72

You definitely will find some inspiration within when writing, thats for sure.  That was a good article btw. I especially like #'s 4 and 5. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Inspiration being self taught.  Curiousity begs me to ask...Then you define inspiration as an emotional thought/feeling? 

Quoting romacox:

If I am inspired, that seems to convey.  If I am bored that also seems to convey.

KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:21 PM
1 mom liked this
Quoting kirbymom:

Thanks! I mostly wrote it for my personal training clients, but it works for everyone!
oredeb
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 11:43 PM

just everyday life! that teaches us a lot!

romacox
by Silver Member on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:18 AM

Quoting kirbymom:

Inspiration being self taught.  Curiousity begs me to ask...Then you define inspiration as an emotional thought/feeling? 

Quoting romacox:

That is a good question! So I looked it up.:  Inspiration defined

I like definition  number 5 the best. 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:34 PM

Quoting oredeb:

just everyday life! that teaches us a lot!

It sure does.  Sometimes, I wish it would not teach so much. lol 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN