Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Homeschooling Moms Homeschooling Moms

TYCTR in 100 easy lessons

Posted by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:34 PM
  • 11 Replies
Does anyone have any feelings about this program? I had originally planned on McRuffy but now I am thinking maybe I will go a cheaper option and supplement with bob books and ETC... I got it from the library to look at before hand and I'm just not sure how I feel about the extra characters and font and such. Has anyone used it with children who already knew their letters and letter sounds? Did it confuse them? Any thoughts whatsoever?
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mynameismuerte
by on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:01 PM
I looked at it once and opted not to use it. I have heard plenty of people say they like it though. I ended up using Hooked on phonics for my oldest. I am planning on using All About Reading for my 4 year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mem82
by Platinum Member on Jun. 24, 2012 at 6:42 PM

It helped me understand HOW to teach reading but my son would have never sat still for the lessons. I think the first few chapters  are a great read for an adult, though. 8)

Check out starfall.com

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 24, 2012 at 8:03 PM
1 mom liked this

I've always taught phonics to my children myself.  I even used the website mem mentioned... starfall.com 

usmom3
by BJ on Jun. 24, 2012 at 9:08 PM

We tried it with our DD but she hated it!

awilliams77
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 7:39 AM
Worked well for 3 out of our 4! The one it didn't work for turned out to have visual-perceptual issues.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bingbong
by on Jun. 25, 2012 at 8:02 AM
I got some bob books for my 4yr old and she read couple ( mat and sam), but ever since i got a nook she prefers to read some little readers that are available on it. I think they're called "Mary reads by angel street kids". She read three of those yesterday! She really enjoys the content and characters more so than bob books. We started with starfall.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:23 AM
I never used it, but heard good things about it...
KickButtMama
by Shannon on Jun. 25, 2012 at 10:25 AM
Quoting kirbymom:

I've always taught phonics to my children myself.  I even used the website mem mentioned... starfall.com 

Same here. Also www.abcthekey.com

Home Educators Toolbox  / Articles / Kicbuttmama's Crazy Lapbooks / Kickbuttmama's Home Education
Albert Einstein -- 
   "Everybody is a Genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spend its whole life believing it is stupid." 

kirbymom
by Sonja on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Good for her. At least she is enjoying reading.  Yay.   :)

Quoting bingbong:

I got some bob books for my 4yr old and she read couple ( mat and sam), but ever since i got a nook she prefers to read some little readers that are available on it. I think they're called "Mary reads by angel street kids". She read three of those yesterday! She really enjoys the content and characters more so than bob books. We started with starfall.

Boobah
by Nikki :) on Jun. 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM
I haven't used it either. I saw it at a HS curric sale for $1 and almost picked it up, but what we have been doing seems to be working okay at this point. We may reconsidering the future. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)